WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Very Good Pizza” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Backstreet's pizza - CLOSED

Backstreet's pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Matoaca, Virginia
“Very Good Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Asked people that at one time lived in Blacksburg and they said to go there. The pizza was great. Had just a New York crust but was great. Will be back again.

• Visited August 2012

Southbury, CT
“Great pizza selection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

I had never heard of Baltimore-style pizza before visiting Backstreet's Pizza, so naturally we had to go for it. Topping off the special crust with grilled shrimp and black olives was a real treat - and I normally do not like shrimp on pizza!

Attentive hostess and waiter, without being intrusive, made the visit very pleasant. I was impressed by the waiter's ability to describe a few of the beers. His recommendation was right on!

Will definitely be back on a future visit to Blacksburg!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
esturmone, General Manager at Backstreet's pizza, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thanks for the review !

I grew up in Baltimore, I don't think there is a formal Baltimore style pizza per se. I modeled this pizza on my favorite pizza place called Gussies. They used white cheddar and hand formed their crust . Apparenlty they are still open and specialize in pizza and crabcakes. A lot fo pizza ,places owned by persons of Greek origin use white cheddar instead of mozzarella. So glad you enjoyed it !!

Eric
Fort Knox, Kentucky
“Terrible service; good for take out”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I are pretty new to the area, but we've already tried Backstreet's three times. The first two times were for take out pizza. Delicious pizza!

The third try was today for a late lunch. We ordered beers, an appetizer, and two entrees. The beer was good, and the mozzarella sticks were great! Unfortunately, my husband's entree arrived before mine. No big deal, except that our waiter never came back with my meal! After his meal got cold and our waiter still hadn't returned, we flagged down a different server and asked her to send our server. A few minutes later, he finally showed up, told us he'd be right back, and disappeared again. Eventually we were told that the cooks got confused and overlooked my order. Again, this wasn't an unforgivable mistake, except that after canceling my order, the server disappeared again. It took a ridiculous amount of time to get the check and a to go box. Again, we had to flag down a different server for our check.

Sorry for the long, detailed saga. I will definitely order Backstreet's pizza again, but although the dine-in menu sounded delicious (I would have loved to try what I ordered!), I probably won't go back to eat at the restaurant. The experience left me frustrated and hungry.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank msudawg98
, Manager at Backstreet's pizza, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Hi !
I am very sorry you had a bad experience with our service on Sunday . i believe your order was for a 12" merger, crawfish ravioli? I have looked into your order and found that this was a mistake by the server, not the kitchen. This is the first time we have had a problem with this server, this person is no longer a server with us.

Please feel free to contact me at info@backstreetsblacksburg.com if you would allow us a redo for free so you can try the dishes as you would have liked .

Eric Sturm, manager
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“good pizza selection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

they have a large selection of pizzas to choose from - i usually get their meat lovers one. they are good about having large groups but they do charge an automatic 18% tip for groups 8+. sitting outside is nice though you are right there with the traffic from Main Street. Not much parking at the restaurant but it is close to the BT stop and campus.

• Visited May 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“Great Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

We dined on the patio and shared a Mediterranean deep dish pizza without chicken. Attentive waiter. 'Excellent'.

• Visited June 2012