“New Courtyard hotel, very good!”

Courtyard Blacksburg
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Blacksburg
Reviewed July 13, 2009

TWO QUEENS! Which is the Courtyard norm, but still awesome. Great new hotel. It had a very nice room/bathroom. Didn't try the breakfast. Location a little off, but we had a car so I guess it was fine!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Blacksburg

Reviewed April 26, 2009

We stayed here while visiting Virginia Tech. The Southern Hospitality was obviousl Our receptionist was a student majoring in Hospitality Science at VT and I told her that she had certainly chosen the right field. Rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. the only down side is that then don't offer a complimentary breakfast, like most hotels in that category, but we were planning on having breakfast on campus, so it wasn't an issue ifor us. It is not the closest hotel to campus, but very convenient ( about a 10 minute drive to campus). We will definitely stay here again.

Reviewed April 21, 2009

We stayed one night at the Courtyard Marriott while visiting Virginia Tech. Very comfortable, attractive, clean, and the front desk were very attentive, courteous and helpful with maps of the area. This will definitely be my "hotel of choice" for the next four years!

Reviewed November 16, 2008

Stayed here two nights. The front desk staff is very pleasant and helpful. We came in late, and the bar staff cheerfully made sandwiches for dinner.

The room was huge, and beautifully decorated in dark woods and granite finishings. I was surprised that Marriott pulled out so many of the stops for its "Courtyard" brand.

One nice treat was the high-quality linens. Marriott has gotten rid of those nasty bedspreads (you know - the ones that nobody ever washes), and is now using duvet feather beds with a cotton duvet cover that can be taken off and washed. My only complaint is that the duvet is a little thin. I had to ask for an extra blanket - of which they had plenty. Perhaps these should be placed in the rooms so people don't have to ask for them.

The buffet breakfast was pretty reasonable as these things go. $7.95 for the continental, and $8.95 if you had meats, etc. I know that's a lot if all you want is cereal. But it doesn't begin to compare to the cost of a continental breakfast in most Marriott Hotels, where you pay $12.95 for coffee, juice, and a couple pastries.

My only concern - and this may be a personal one - there seemed to be something in the room that I was allergic to. I don't know what it was because I don't have any allergies that result in swollen sinuses. I don't think it's the feather bed because I have one at home that I'm fine with. They also don't allow any pets or smoking. It's a mystery to me, and otherwise it was a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2008

I have stayed in the Courtyard (Marriott) Blacksburg for 44 days starting 23 June 2008 till 6 August 2008. I was on a business trip related to research work with Virginia Tech. I contacted the management by email from the hotel web site -- and I got a discounted rate for long stay period. Since my first contact until the last minute of my stay in the hotel I have been well treated. All staff -- I mean all including cleaning personnel-- are friendly and courteous. The front desk are extremely courteous, efficient, and friendly. They have a wide smile which makes anyone loves to come back to them. The breakfast is great. It is a buffet with variety of food with eggs cooked to your taste, you can ask to be cooked the way you want , the chef will cook it with no problems. The rooms are extremely clean, with bright white sheets and towels as good as new. The rooms has AC. The bathroom is well designed, spacious, with marble. Plenty of parking.
I did not experience any noise from my room (as some reviews indicated). It is not very far from campus - 5 minutes drive. Two minutes drive to Grocery store (Kroger and others). About 6 minutes drive to Christainsburg shopping centers, malls and restaurants area(many restaurants). It has indoor swimming pool that I have not tried, but I see people ( specially children) having fun in it. The fitness center is POOR. Unfortunately, there is no much equipment and the room is small.
overall, it is 4.5-5* hotel, It is in a very quite area, excellent service and staff, excellent rooms and breakfast, convenient location (not so close to campus if you do not have a car). i definitely stay in this hotel again and recommend it to my friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 7, 2008

This was a stop during our drive from DC to North Carolina. The hotel was a bit off the highway for our purpose, but was worth the short detour. We arrived late and they greeted us by name (it was because we had a toddler and were the only ones requesting a crib, but it was nice anyway). Once we got to our room, we realized the hotel was not very full and they had grouped all of the guests in one area. We requested a new room so that our 2 year old (who was jumping and screaming in excitement) wouldn't disturb the other guests. They just moved us to the other end of the hall and all slept a little better.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2008

Stayed here two nights during VT orientation. Pluses: it's a new hotel, staff were very friendly, good size clean room and a good location for VT visit ( 5 min drive). The room temp was great and easy to adjust with thermostat. Also, the shower was great - oversized space, water was powerful and consistantly hot. I liked the separate (not attached to the wall) hair dryer. The Negatives: the location is not within walking distance of any stores or restaurants, the breakfast is the same that you would get for free at other hotels. Also, the set up of the room worked badly for me because the mini frig was located by the head of the bed and it had a terrible buzzing noise going all night. As mentioned by another reviewer the hotel seemed just a bit noisy for me, including some road noise.
I haven't yet stayed at any other Blacksburg/Christiansburg hotels so I can't compare but I get a sense that this hotel is one of the nicer chains in the area.
Overall the experience was good and I'd stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2008