The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center
$139
GardenInn.com
Courtyard Blacksburg(Blacksburg)
$149
Red Carpet Inn(Blacksburg)(Great Value!)
$60
$54
Residence Inn Blacksburg-University(Blacksburg)(Great Value!)
$143
$139
Hotels.com
$169
$126
Clay Corner Inn(Blacksburg)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsvirginia techtwo sinksbreakfast buffetplace to stayshuttle serviceroom was cleanhotel restaurantmy sonfree shuttleenjoyed my staycollege visitconvenient locationcan't beat the locationfront desk staffexcellent hotelomeletin town
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I love staying at the Inn at Virginia Tech!

PROS:
Clean, clean, clean
Fabulous location if you are doing anything on campus
Excellent customer service
Good food
Not expensive at all
Big rooms
Flat screens with good channel line up
Good lighting
Big, well equipped bathrooms
Quiet - always get a great night's sleep
Decent linens and pillows
Comfortable beds
Restaurant and sundries on site
Small selection of VT items available for purchase as well
Decent views of the golf course on one side
Nice lobby
Even if you are not attending anything on campus, it's a great stay in Blacksburg

CONS:
None that I can think of!

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room, ask for one on the back side, away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Tom S, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear TravelMommy1,

Thank you for sharing your list of favorite things about the Inn at Virginia Tech. We were so pleased to read your review of our property.

We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again soon in Blacksburg!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

As a VT alum, I was sad to see the back nine of the golf course go, but now that I have stayed at the hotel and conference center, I can say that it was very well worth it. The facilities are very nice, and were much needed for a world class university like VT. I was the most impressed by the staff - those working the reception desk were students, but they were just as professional as any other staff I have encountered at hotels worldwide. Two in particular - Gavin and Courtney - were very friendly, welcoming, and helpful - they were extremely professional, yet more than willing to take the time to chat with my colleague and me for an extended period of time. I have to commend VT, and the Inn especially, for helping to develop such strong young professionals. The facilities themselves were inviting, but it really was the people who made it such an enjoyable stay.

1  Thank Kevin E
Tom S, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Kevin,

It was heartwarming to read your posting about your recent stay at The Inn at Virginia Tech. Thank you for your recognition of the efforts of our Front Desk staff to make you feel welcome. We are fortunate to have so many fine young students on our staff. Many of them are part of Virginia Tech's Hospitality and Tourism Management School, so their work here is a win-win. We get to take advantage of their energy, enthusiasm and personality while they get training and real-world experience that will help them in their future career.

We hope to see you again on a future visit to Virginia Tech and Blacksburg.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

This is not our first stay at the inn. It's our go to place, when possible. Making the reservation was easy. Tyler was very helpful for this. Also greeted warmly, by a great, youthful staff. The students learning the ropes of hotel management at the Inn are very lucky. Anna, was at the desk at check in and was sure to ask if there was anything we needed assistance with. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Well done housekeeping! We know that's a big job and high on our list in booking accommodations. Overall, a great place to stay in blacksburg.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Travelten,

Thank you for the nice comments about your recent stay at The Inn at Virginia Tech. Your notes about our staff were sincerely appreciated.

We appreciate your business and hope we will have the opportunity to serve you if you return to Blacksburg.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Overall, I was really impressed with The Inn (though in the days when I was at VT, I believe it called Donaldson Brown and was located near Squires Hall -- but I digress). I stayed for a conference at The Inn and was impressed by the aesthetics, location, and service. The only things that I had even a slight problem with were the fact that my room faced the front entrance way, so traffic was fairly audible and the seemingly thin walls from room to hallway. When anyone was in the hall talking, it literally sounded like they were either shouting (maybe they were) or were standing RIGHT outside my door. Otherwise, though, it was quiet, relaxing -- for business -- and you really can't beat the value for what you get. I will certainly stay again if I find myself venturing to Blacksburg for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Choose odd numbers if possible -- they don't face the parking lot.

Dear TheFranchise,

Thank you for the comments you shared regarding your recent stay at The Inn at Virginia Tech. As a fellow golfer, I certainly understand your reaction when the course was "invaded" by the new hotel!

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry you were disturbed by noisy neighbors in the hall. I hope we'll have the opportunity to accommodate you again on a future visit to campus.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stayed at The Inn at Virginia Tech for the first time this weekend and was very impressed. I am a VT alum and have stayed in a number of area hotels. This will now be my top choice. My daughter was participating in an event on the Virginia Tech campus and we got a great rate on the room. You can't beat the convenience - the hotel is right on campus and offers free shuttle service wherever you want to go. It is also very close to restaurants & retail. Our room was nicely appointed and comfortable, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast buffet was very good. I took the opportunity to explore the Skelton Conference Center and the facilities are very impressive - better than many hotel facilities where I've attended or hosted corporate events. Two comments - we could only run wifi on one device at a time in the room so my daughter and I had to take turns checking email, etc. on our phones, and it would have been nice to have a mini refrigerator (there was certainly room for one).

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Tom S, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Melissa,

Thank you for sharing these comments about your recent stay at The Inn at Virginia Tech. We're glad that you enjoyed the convenience of our location and our shuttle service.

I'm pleased to tell you that we are adding mini-refrigerators to all of our rooms this year. We hope you will return to see the results of our improvement efforts.