About a week ago, my wife and I spent four nights at the Va, Tech Inn. In general, we were satisfied with the room and services received. However, we can make some comments that could improve the overall customer satisfaction.
On the day of arrival, we walked into the reception area at around 1:45 PM, and we were told that our room was not ready. This is somewhat surprising for any hotel, since in many instances, 2 PM is the standard check-in time, and perhaps there is room for improvement here. When traveling, many times we can not coordinate flight times and driving times with a more convenient arrival time at a hotel,
As it happens this led us to getting a complimentary room upgrade. Our accommodations were very good, with a large seating area, a comfortable sofa for TV watching, and a very large and comfortable king size bed. My only criticism of the room was that is located just outside the hall area where there is an ice-machine. The noises were somewhat noticeable but not really annoying.
We had breakfast three times at the restaurant, and it was good in general. The fresh fruit and oatmeal were excellent, the selection of bread and pastries was not very large, and it was somewhat annoying that the toasters available could not accommodate very well some of the bread slices. However, we enjoyed the juices and coffee very much.
By far, the best aspect of the Inn is its location, near to campus, and within walking distance to shopping areas. We also enjoyed the use of their computers. Another area where there could be improvement is in their reservation changes policy. In our case we needed to leave earlier than expected and we found that it was necessary to give 24 hours advance notice of changes in order to avoid some penalty charges.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center is the only hotel situated on the campus of Virginia Tech and is the perfect destination to explore all that Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, and Montgomery County have to offer. Preston's Restaurant features fresh, locally-sourced foods and the Continental Divide Lounge features an eclectic wine list and premium spirits. As the largest hotel and conference center in Blacksburg, we offer nearly 24,000 square feet of conference space, including a 700-seat ballroom, 10 conference rooms, and 147 hotel rooms and suites. This is one of the premier facilities in the mid-Atlantic region. For conferences, events, or leisure, come experience the hospitality, luxury, and latest innovations in beautiful southwest Virginia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Virginia Tech & Skelton Hotel Blacksburg
- The Inn At Virginia Tech And Skelton Conference Center
- Hotel At Virginia Tech
- At Virginia Tech Blacksburg
- The Inn At Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center Blacksburg