The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Blacksburg
Clifton, Virginia
“The Inn at VT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have stayed at The Inn many times this past year. Each time I arrived, the front desk clerks have been very helpful and pleasant. The rooms are always clean and there is always plenty of towels in the bathrooms. I have used the shuttle service plenty of times, and the drivers have always gone the extra mile. Every employee I have come in contact with has gone above and beyond to help my family in which ever way they could. When we were visiting during the VT/UVA football game, they were packed in the lobby bar and the staff was overwhelmed, but they were pleasant and making the best of a crazy situation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tom S, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Stephanie,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at The Inn at Virginia Tech. We are proud of our team members and it's always great tor hear from guests that have enjoyed their service.

We look forward to serving you again on future visits to Blacksburg.

Tom Shaver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Huntersville, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Had a good stay with great service. My room (Single King) was large with ample furnishings. My room was near the end of the hallway, which is much longer than most hotels. This is odd, but not a major inconvenience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Tom S, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Kyle K -

Thank you for staying at The Inn at Virginia Tech during your recent visit to Blacksburg. We appreciate your business and thank you for sharing your comments about your stay.

We look forard to the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit.

Brentwood, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this conference center/ hotel for a meeting. The rooms were nicely appointed, spacious, clean, and quiet.
There is a dining room and bar. We
opted to go to a local restaurant the management had suggested.
The magical decorations of Christmas were everywhere. A beautiful, cozy fireplaces adorned the entry lobby.
The exercise room/ pool area was wonderful . That is always a must for me. It was amply appointed with nice toiletries and large towels.
I would most definitely select this hotel to return to. Friendly staff. Very good location.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tom S, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Lynda Lee,

Thank you for the sharing the comments about your recent stay at The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center. We appreciate your business and we were happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit.

We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again on a future visit to Blacksburg.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

The Inn at Virginia Tech is far better than what I was expecting for a college campus "inn." The hotel has managed to seamlessly blend the college inn functions with a sufficiently well equipped hotel and restaurant. And while the physical structure is mildly reminiscent of a college dorm, the rooms are solid, quiet, and very hotel-esque.

The staff gets particular credit form being exceptionally pleasant, informative, and engaging, without being intrusive. It is not a luxury hotel, but meets the business travelers needs quite nicely.

Good work out facility.

Other than the presence of an excessive amount of academics, this place is first rate.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank T N
Tom S, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear T N,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at The Inn at Virginia Tech. We appreciate your business and thank you for taking the time to write the review.

We hope you will stay with us again on a future visit to Blacksburg. (There's not much we can do about all the "academics!")

Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Staying at this hotel for the first time was a pleasant surprise. It is in a beautiful building that matches the architecture of the Virginia Tech campus. We were there shortly after Thanksgiving and it was beautifully decorated for Christmas. The staff was excellent and the room was very comfortable. It is right on the campus of the university and adjoins the 9 hole golf course

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Tajosef,

Thank you for staying with us at The Inn at Virginia Tech during your recent visit to Blacksburg. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the holiday decor.

We look forward to the opportunity to serve again on a future visit.

Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My stay was on 10/15/12. I like to read other reviews to see if what I'm going to write matches or is totally different. My stay is reflected in the excellent rating given. The Inn is strategically located on the campus of the University and it is well maintained comfortable facility. My room was clean and orderly. The desk and chair allowed me to access the Internet easily from both my laptop and IPad. The facility was quiet and a step above providing a safe stay. Parking is plentiful and not a problem. Maybe some rooms have older TV's as mine did. No big deal. So if you are looking for a fine facility, don't hesitate with this one. Check the rates and if you need a budget hotel, stay elsewhere. For me it was a nice stay.

Room Tip: Very full on football weekend events
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
shavert, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Raberdon,

Thank you for staying with us at The Inn at Virginia Tech during your recent visit to Blacksburg. We appreciate your business and thank you for sharing the comments about our hotel.

I'm happy to tell you that we have recently ordered flat screen televisions for all of our guestrooms and we expect them to be installed within the next few weeks. This is an improvement our guests have requested and we are pleased to be able to do it.

We hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you again on a future visit to Blacksburg.
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

plus: kind receptionist, triple-sheeted bed, nice views, plenty of parking

minus: far parking, no valet, farthest possible walk to room once inside, "tired" furnishings and carpet, icky bed spread, tube tv, grumpy maid on my way to my room, SHOCKINGLY overpriced for the facility and the room

comments: I don't mind paying for what I'm getting but I'm opposed to NOT getting what I paid for. I thought I was treating myself to something special when I paid nearly $200 for the room. I feel like I've been had. On my way to my room, I got a peek into rooms that were (being cleaned and were) much nicer. As for solo female travelers, I say choose another hotel in the area. The size of this hotel made me feel isolated and the extremely long hallways made me feel uneasy because while the hotel was supposedly "full", there really was no one around and in an emergency with a potentially drunk or morally deficient man, I think you'd be out of luck.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank S K
shavert, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear S K -

Thank you for your notes regarding your recent stay at The Inn at Virginia Tech. We appreciate your business and your observations.

I'm sorry you felt concerned about your safety. Our security plan includes an extensive array of cameras and our property's security officers are provided by the Virginia Tech Police Department. Our room rates do vary considerably, determined by the level of demand from our guests and by special events on campus and in town.

I am pleased to report that new flat-screen televisions for all our guestrooms have been ordered. We expect them to be installed in Otober, allowing us to offer several channels in High Definition.

Thank you again for taking the time to comment on your stay. We hope you will return to see the results of our improvement efforts.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blacksburg
Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg
Courtyard Blacksburg
#4 of 8 in Blacksburg
4.5 of 5 stars 135 reviews
Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg

Been to The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center? Share your experiences!