“A Delightful Campus Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center

You added The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center to your Saves list
The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   901 Prices Fork Rd, Blacksburg, VA 24061   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Blacksburg
Columbia, Maryland
“A Delightful Campus Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Staying at this hotel for the first time was a pleasant surprise. It is in a beautiful building that matches the architecture of the Virginia Tech campus. We were there shortly after Thanksgiving and it was beautifully decorated for Christmas. The staff was excellent and the room was very comfortable. It is right on the campus of the university and adjoins the 9 hole golf course

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tom S, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Tajosef,

Thank you for staying with us at The Inn at Virginia Tech during your recent visit to Blacksburg. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the holiday decor.

We look forward to the opportunity to serve again on a future visit.

Tom Shaver

Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My stay was on 10/15/12. I like to read other reviews to see if what I'm going to write matches or is totally different. My stay is reflected in the excellent rating given. The Inn is strategically located on the campus of the University and it is well maintained comfortable facility. My room was clean and orderly. The desk and chair allowed me to access the Internet easily from both my laptop and IPad. The facility was quiet and a step above providing a safe stay. Parking is plentiful and not a problem. Maybe some rooms have older TV's as mine did. No big deal. So if you are looking for a fine facility, don't hesitate with this one. Check the rates and if you need a budget hotel, stay elsewhere. For me it was a nice stay.

Room Tip: Very full on football weekend events
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
shavert, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Raberdon,

Thank you for staying with us at The Inn at Virginia Tech during your recent visit to Blacksburg. We appreciate your business and thank you for sharing the comments about our hotel.

I'm happy to tell you that we have recently ordered flat screen televisions for all of our guestrooms and we expect them to be installed within the next few weeks. This is an improvement our guests have requested and we are pleased to be able to do it.

We hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you again on a future visit to Blacksburg.
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

plus: kind receptionist, triple-sheeted bed, nice views, plenty of parking

minus: far parking, no valet, farthest possible walk to room once inside, "tired" furnishings and carpet, icky bed spread, tube tv, grumpy maid on my way to my room, SHOCKINGLY overpriced for the facility and the room

comments: I don't mind paying for what I'm getting but I'm opposed to NOT getting what I paid for. I thought I was treating myself to something special when I paid nearly $200 for the room. I feel like I've been had. On my way to my room, I got a peek into rooms that were (being cleaned and were) much nicer. As for solo female travelers, I say choose another hotel in the area. The size of this hotel made me feel isolated and the extremely long hallways made me feel uneasy because while the hotel was supposedly "full", there really was no one around and in an emergency with a potentially drunk or morally deficient man, I think you'd be out of luck.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank S K
shavert, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear S K -

Thank you for your notes regarding your recent stay at The Inn at Virginia Tech. We appreciate your business and your observations.

I'm sorry you felt concerned about your safety. Our security plan includes an extensive array of cameras and our property's security officers are provided by the Virginia Tech Police Department. Our room rates do vary considerably, determined by the level of demand from our guests and by special events on campus and in town.

I am pleased to report that new flat-screen televisions for all our guestrooms have been ordered. We expect them to be installed in Otober, allowing us to offer several channels in High Definition.

Thank you again for taking the time to comment on your stay. We hope you will return to see the results of our improvement efforts.
Springfield, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was my second stay at the on-campus "hotel" for VIRGINIA TECH. The Inn at VA TECH is blended into the campus architectural look of "Hokie Stone" in a well designed manner. The Skelton Alumni Center is the other half of the building and serves to host events, weddings, receptions and other VT events. The hotel is right up there with the service and quality of the neighboring Hilton Garden Inn. I see virtually no difference. If you prefer to be right on the VT campus, this is a great location.

Families and friends visiting VA TECH will be pleased.

One thing I'd like to see in rooms: a refrigerator. Maybe the room I had did not include one but it would have been a nice addition.

Room Tip: The Gym or Workout room is on the 1st floor which is below the main entrance level which is labeled...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
shavert, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Runman:

Thank you for your notes regarding your recent stay at The Inn at Virginia Tech. We appreciate your business and thank you for posting the comments about your visit.

We have recently ordered new flat-screen televisions for all our rooms and expect they will be installed within the next 4 to 6 weeks. We are also considering the inclusion of refrigerators in our room renovation project, which is planned for next year.

Thanks again for your comments. We hope to see you again on a future visit to Blacksburg.
New Jersey/ New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Pros - decent prices and decent breakfast rates. Good parking and great if you are going to be on campus a lot or have events to attend nearby.
Cons - Untrained staff, not really suited for business travelers (I am aware it is an on campus inn - but it is attached to a conference hall for crissakes). Room furnishings are dated and the quality of bedding is not quite the best.
Overall - know what you are getting into - its a standard on campus inn, not an overly professional establishment. Ok for families visiting - so there you have it.

Room Tip: 4th floor facing the golf course
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Freq_Traveler_101
shavert, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Frequent Traveller:

Thank you for staying with us at The Inn at Virginia Tech during yourr recent visit to Blacksburg. We appreciate your business and thank you for sharing the comments regarding your stay.

I'm sorry you did not feel we were well-suited for business travelers. Our location, in-room work desk, free wifi service and extensive meeting facilities are very popular with our business guests.

We hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you again on future visits to Blacksburg.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Kindness and integrity! They found and are sending me my ruby necklace! Thank you Laura Renfroe for finding it and seeing that it is returned to me! She could have kept it - many would have. It was my fault for leaving it. That alone would have made for a positive review... Everyone we encountered from the moment we arrived, seemed devoted to my husband, son and I having a wonderful trip.
My husband forgot to advise the Inn when we made our reservation that my son and I have severe allergies to feathers. The front desk immediately contacted housekeeping. The housekeeping manager on duty was in our room within minutes changing the bedding himself and making sure that our health was not compromised. Who does that anymore?

Stepping Out was going on downtown. The Inn ran shuttles so everyone at the Inn could go.

Every single comment, question or concern was handled directly. The Inn was booked solid - and there were several events taking place at the same time (including weddings) bu you couldn't tell. The way the Inn handled the flow and our needs it seemed like we were the only ones there all weekend.

Business or pleasure, large or small event I couldn't have asked for a more pleasent experience. I just wish I could remember everyone's name so I could thank them all.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Terry B
shavert, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Terry B -

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay at The Inn at Virginia Tech. We are proud of our team and appreciate your efforts to recognize their service to you.

Our Housekeeper tells me your necklace was found in the hallway so you may have dropped it - rather than left it behind. In any event, I'm glad we were able to reunite you with your jewelry.

Thank you again for sharing your comments. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Blacksburg.
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

My fiancé and I along with about 70 other guests recently stayed at the Inn in Blacksburg for our wedding weekend. Although we were not hosting our reception at their hotel the staff was overwhelmingly kind and made us feel right at home. After our wedding day we were in a rush to get home and definitely overtired from all the wedding activities. When we got home and unpacked, I noticed I was missing two pieces of jewelry. One was a gift from my husband the day of our wedding and the other was a Swarovski necklace for our wedding day. I reached out to my bridesmaids and parents to see if they had packed with any of there things since we had so many people in and out of the suite. After a few days, I received a call from the housekeeping manager Debbie who said that her housekeeper had found jewelry and a few other items while cleaning our suite. She offered to ship the items to us and wanted to make sure they got to the right address.

Debbie's kindness and her team's honesty blew me away and I am so grateful. These items had sentimental value to me that could not be replaced. As a former hokie we will most definitely be back to visit soon again and I know we will choose to stay here. The rooms are clean and most importantly the staff is wonderful! Many thanks to Debbie and her team for the saving the day!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sophiabdc22
shavert, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Sophia:

Congratulations on your wedding! We appreciated the opportunity to accommodate you for this very special occasion.

Thank you also for recognizing the efforts of our Housekeeping staff to return the items you left behind. You would be amazed at the quantity and variety of articles guests will leave behind in their rooms. After your busy weekend, it's easy to see how this could happen. We have shared your comments with our Housekeeping crew. We hope to see you again soon in Blacksburg.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blacksburg
Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg
Mountain Lake Lodge
#1 of 1 in Pembroke
4.0 of 5 stars 212 reviews
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Blacksburg - University Area

Been to The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center? Share your experiences!