All reviews virginia tech two sinks shuttle service breakfast buffet place to stay hotel restaurant room was clean business or pleasure convenient location my son college tour enjoyed my stay free shuttle omelet in town excellent hotel front desk staff
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My fiancé and I along with about 70 other guests recently stayed at the Inn in Blacksburg for our wedding weekend. Although we were not hosting our reception at their hotel the staff was overwhelmingly kind and made us feel right at home. After our wedding day we were in a rush to get home and definitely overtired from all the wedding activities. When we got home and unpacked, I noticed I was missing two pieces of jewelry. One was a gift from my husband the day of our wedding and the other was a Swarovski necklace for our wedding day. I reached out to my bridesmaids and parents to see if they had packed with any of there things since we had so many people in and out of the suite. After a few days, I received a call from the housekeeping manager Debbie who said that her housekeeper had found jewelry and a few other items while cleaning our suite. She offered to ship the items to us and wanted to make sure they got to the right address.

Debbie's kindness and her team's honesty blew me away and I am so grateful. These items had sentimental value to me that could not be replaced. As a former hokie we will most definitely be back to visit soon again and I know we will choose to stay here. The rooms are clean and most importantly the staff is wonderful! Many thanks to Debbie and her team for the saving the day!!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Sophiabdc22
shavert, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear Sophia:

Congratulations on your wedding! We appreciated the opportunity to accommodate you for this very special occasion.

Thank you also for recognizing the efforts of our Housekeeping staff to return the items you left behind. You would be amazed at the quantity and variety of articles guests will leave behind in their rooms. After your busy weekend, it's easy to see how this could happen. We have shared your comments with our Housekeeping crew. We hope to see you again soon in Blacksburg.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Inn at Virginia Tech in July. The Staff was nice and provided excellent service. Our room was quiet and very comfortable, even with the rollaway bed in it! I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Travln:

Thank you for posting the notes regarding your recent stay at The Inn at Virginia Tech. We were pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit with us. We look forward to the opportunity to accommmodate you again on a future visit to Blacksburg.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

How much better is it you are welcomed with open arms in a 5 star environment that makes you feel right at home at the In at Virginia Tech? Well as a well seasoned traveler, I can tell you this is the place to stay. When those things you do not expect come up, they are prepared. I took a trip to a winery in the area and on the way home had a reaction that caused me to be in anaphalatic shock and needed guidance as I drove and with my throat closing up. They first verbally guided me back to VA tech where the athletic trainer gave me help. Then they guided me to the hospital and stayed on my phone with them for the entire time. It gets better. When I was released from the hospital I had to have some one stay with me. The security officer checked on me every hour to make sure I was breathing. She would come in my room and wake me up as was requested. The calls from staff, the delivery of my documents to my room and the tremendous welcome as I came to the lobby today has made me feeling like I am around family. This of course is in addition to the lovely rooms and very comfortable beds and elegant areas. The lounge staff do not rush you and there are cozy areas to just sit and relax through out the hotel. Thank you to Scott Rumberger, Gavin Rod, John Smith, Dana Msundwe, and Ashley Jones. I give you a 5 start rating and I have stayed in many top respected resorts . world wide and I can honestly stay Inn and Virginia Tech rivals them all. My only suggestion is up grade the soap and shampoo to a creamier version, add a pool or hot tub and you would be perfect. Thank you for helping save my life. I will stay here when ever possible. Shari

• Trip type: Traveled solo
shavert, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Dear Sharilynne -

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Blacksburg and for recognizing the extra efforts of our staff during your stay with us. They join me in thanking you for mentioning their special attention and service.

I'm sorry that your visit to the winery caused such a crisis. We are glad that you are feeling better and we look forward to accommodating you again on future visits.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Room was quiet. Close to downtown. Wonderful breakfast and a well stocked lounge.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank HokieinSpartanburg
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Hokie in Spartanburg:

Thank you for the notes about your recent stay with us. Your business is appreciated and we hope to see you again on a future visit to Blacksburg.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

My husband and I were given the gift of a free night's stay at the Inn At Virginia Tech, and were excited to see what all the hype was about. Check-in was prompt and courteous, if a little "overly formal" for my taste, but that was par for the course with this facility. Our King Room (Room 233) was nice and spacious, but not overly appointed. I was disappointed that there was no mini fridge or microwave inside the room. For the price that most people pay to stay here, I would certainly expect this ammenity. I also think a pool would be nice, since there isn't really anything to do in the immediate area. Overall, the hotel was nice, neat and clean, just not worth what they charge to stay there in my personal opinion.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Jessica:

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. I'm sorry you were disappointed with the accommodations but appreciate your opinions. We will be completing a few upgrades to our facilities this year. I hope you will return and see the results of our improvement efforts.