All reviewsvirginia techtwo sinksplace to stayshuttle servicebreakfast buffethotel restaurantroom was cleanfree shuttlemy sonenjoyed my stayexcellent hotelconvenient locationcollege tourfront desk stafffirst ratecan't beat the locationin town
Reviewed April 6, 2012

The staff was top notch and the restaurant was fantastic with a very convenient location, however the accommodations had me hoping for more. I found the actual hotel room itself to be average at best. The bathroom was Motel 8 quality with a 1990's TV to match; despite that, the actual layout of the room was rather spacious with a nice work station. This hotel can be the best in Blacksburg with some further attention to the guest rooms.

Room Tip: The campus-wide parking pass was a huge benefit, keep in mind you'll be paying $3/day for it however.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
shavert, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2012

Dear Upstate Hokie:

Thank you for staying at The Inn at Virginia Tech during your recent visit to Blacksburg. We appreciate your business.

We will be replacing all the guest room televisions this summer. We also have plans for additional renovations over the next several years.

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

Usually when one stays in any hotel, regardless of the level, one can usually find something to complain about. My most recent stay at the Inn at Virginia Tech, was a refresshing exception. I can NOT for the life of come up with a short coming for this wonderful facility and its staff. EVERYONE that I interacted with was genuinely pleasant and engaging. Even, the gentleman vacuuming the carpets on the fourth floor was pleasant and helpful. Buffet breaksfast was not only very good, but frankly priced much less than I would have expected. Do yourself a favor, stay at TIAVT and enjoy all that it has to offer. The only possible complaint is that it tends to sell out even when it's not football season. Can't wait to go back. One last suggestion. Ask them for directions to Zeppoli's Italian Restaurant, which is a short drive away. Surprisingly wonderful Italian food, homemade pasta, sausages, meatballs and breads.
Bill

Room Tip: Ask for a Golf course view room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bill R

Dear Bill:

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at The Inn. We are always pleased to hear about guests that have enjoyed staying with us.

We look forward to seeing you on future visits to Virginia Tech and Blacksburg.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

The staff was pleasant, but paying $179/night for a king sized bed and we had to sleep in a Murphy bed, with the mattress sliding off the frame--well, I thought that was a bit too pricey. The TV was small for the size room we had. And we had to pay for parking! REALLY? For the price I paid, there should have been a pool. But we were told we could use a pool on campus, but we'd have to pay for it. Next time, I will choose a less expensive hotel. As a Va. Tech alumnus, I was disappointed, but the atmosphere was pleasant. I agree with "RamblinMan12" in that I thought the lobby would have been a bit more impressive.

Room Tip: ask for a real bed and not a Murphy bed!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Dear Marie:

Thank you for sharing the notes regarding your stay at The Inn at Virginia Tech last month. I'm sorry you were disappointed with your stay. I can certainly understand your reaction when finding the bedding was not secured properly to its frame during your visit.

As a university facility, our parking lot is controlled by Parking Services and permits are required. These permits do apply to lots throughout the campus, as well.

We hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you on a future visit to Blacksburg. I am confident we can restore your faith in us.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

I was there for a three day conference with Rotary International. The service and food was always impeccably served and presented. The rooms were well lit, seating was comfortable and well arranged. The first impression was that this was an excellently presented conference centre and everything was done to make the guest feel at ease and very welcome. I enjoyed the stay and would certainly have no hesitation in recommending this location for a conference. I did not stay at the centre as I live not too far away. Those who did stay said it was highly commendable.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
shavert, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Dear Mr. Martin:

Thank you for the comments regarding your recent visit to The Inn at Virginia Tech. We were pleased you found the conference center and services so convenient. We value our relationship with Rotary and hope we will have the opportunity to serve you on future visitis to The Inn.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

From the moment I walked through the front door, they made me feel special.
They were very eager to please.
The property was well laid out and quite stunning yet understated.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
shavert, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

Dear Fess-it:

Thank you for the comments regarding your recent stay at The Inn at Virginia Tech. I'm always pleased to hear from our guests about the friendliness and hospitality displayed by our staff. We look forward to seeing you again on future visits to Blacksburg.