All reviewsvirginia techtwo sinksplace to stayshuttle servicebreakfast buffethotel restaurantroom was cleanfree shuttlemy sonenjoyed my stayexcellent hotelconvenient locationcollege tourfront desk stafffirst ratecan't beat the locationin town
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I attended a reception And it was so convenient to have it attached right to the Inn where we stayed. Rooms were expensive AND charged extra for parking, but the convenience of being in campus was worthwhile. The room had beautiful views and big windows. The sink area of the bathroom was nice but the showerhead was unexpectedly very cheap. Ate breakfast for $8.95 with a great buffet and custom omelets. We expected a higher breakfast price and were pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: October 2011
shavert, General Manager at The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

Dear Indiana On The Go:
Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Blacksburg. We appreciate your comments about your stay. I'm sorry the showerhead in your room was not performing well. If you will send me a separate note with the room number to tshaver@vt.edu I will be sure we follow-up and make corrections. We hope you will return to The Inn when you are in Blacksburg in the future.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

The Inn at Virginia Tech is a good place to stay if you're in Blacksburg for work, alumni events, visiting your child at VT or in town for a football/basketball game. You cannot beat the location of this hotel. The Inn is a 20 minute walk from downtown Blacksburg/Lane Stadium and the Basketball arena. The staff at the Inn at Virginia Tech were friendly. The hotel room wasn't very luxurious, but it was clean. If you're looking for luxury when you visit Virginia Tech - and you don't mind a 40 minute drive - look at Hotel Roanoke.

Dear NY Hokie:
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent visit to The Inn at Virginia Tech. Your impressions of our property are very important to us as we are always looking for opportunities to make improvements. We hope to see you again on your future visits to Blacksburg.

Reviewed September 29, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Inn at Virginia Tech so that he could visit his beloved alma mater for the first time in more than 10 years. We were both impressed by the quality of the accommodations and the service that we received. We had a room with a king-size bed that included an armchair and footstool, large L-shaped work desk, and a stand with a coffee maker and supplies. We also enjoyed the fact that there were two sinks, one outside the bathroom, which is nice when two people are getting ready to go out. The room was clean, well maintained, and attractively decorated.

We ate breakfast the restaraunt, which is a buffet with a chef doing omelets to order. The food was good and, I thought, reasonably priced for a buffet.

The Inn provides a shuttle and the driver, learning that it was my husband's first trip back in some years, pointed out new buildings as he drove us to campus. He also came and picked us when we were done.

All in all, I would definitely recommend the Inn to anyone visiting Virginia Tech or Blacksburg.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Carol757:
Thank you for the story of your recent visit to Virginia Tech and The Inn. I'm sure your husband was impressed by the changes that have occurred since his last visit. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your next visit to Virginia Tech.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

Second time staying at the Inn at Virginia Tech in the past few months. The front staff on my first day was not really all that helpful but they were friendly. I found that the rooms were very nice and clean. The beds were incredibly comfortable. The bathroom door on my room (#236) did not close all of the way but that was only a minor irritant. The food at Prestons was very good and the food at the confrence rooms was much better this time than my last trip. Last trip the coffee was weaker than tea, but they seem to have fixed that problem. All in all it was a good trip, nice stay, and I was very pleased.

Dear Mowens2:
Thank you for the note about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry for the difficulties you encountered but appreciate the detail you provided so we could follow-up and make corrections. Your feedback is very helpful to us as we are always working to make improvements in our service and facilities. We hope to see you again on a future visit to Blacksburg.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

I love Blacksburg. I love Virginia Tech. I just wish that both places would do just a little bit more to rise to their respective potentials. The Inn at VT is an excellent example. Located in a beautiful setting, connected to a great facility and staffed with wonderfully nice folks, the accommodations are on par with a Hawthorne Inn while lacking the free breakfast :). The rooms are clean, but do not approach "impressive" in any way. C'mon folks, we have a great school here... aren't you proud of it? Is this really the best we can do? It looks like an apology for having built something beautiful, and God forbid, expensive, on the outside. Let's take a page out of Duke University's notebook: www.washingtondukeinn.com/ ; if we want to impress prospective university staff, students, alumni, philanthropists and other affiliates (and why else would we build an Inn at a University?), this is the right direction.

As an alumni of VT and now a resident of Blacksburg, I hope both will do a little bit better at showing their Hokie pride in the future!

Room Tip: Don't let them put you in the basement!

Dear Appalachian Diva:
Thanks you for the notes regarding your stay at The Inn. Your recognition of the service our staff provided is appreciated. I'm sorry our interior finishes did not meet your expectations. We strive to offer the amenities and services our guests desire. We hope you will return and see the results of our improvement efforts.