can't beat this place for convenience. on campus, across from new visitors center(admissions) and short walk to engineering buildings and shuttle bus too! beautiful hotel which is connected to vtech conference center. built with "hokie" stone with wide hallways and big parking lot to handle any crowds. very scenic with open space/farmland views from our room. based on previous reviews, was expecting small, noisy room. it was quiet as a peep, didn't hear anyone and very spacious - and hotel was fully booked!
this place is busy. besides family weekend, there were two weddings that weekend, besides campus organization activities. but you wouldn't know it, except we saw bride and groom walking in! the staff really handle the traffic well - friendly, efficient and big smiles.
i was worried that i hadn't received email confirmation before our stay. had booked back in april, way early but it's family weekend! worried about overbooking and really not having a room upon arrival. had tried to call the hotel but kept getting voicemail for some person at the hotel.got transferred to general vt switchboard and they tried to patch through, same thing. so called my son while driving to school and asked him to go to hotel and call me so i could talk with front desk to confirm. yes, i was panicking.
son was good sport and humored his mom. he got to front desk and no worries - confirmed. spoke with incredibly understanding and friendly person who assured me that all was well. she apologized for not getting through by phone - they were ringing off the hook and waves of check-in's. calls were being automatically being routed to voice mail. but room was ready and son was sweet. think they know how to handle crazied parents and busy times!
Also, hotel has "parent's club" that gives future hotel discounts, restaurant discounts and other benefits to hokie families. sign-up is free and got nice welcome packet upon checkin.
got free breakfasts during stay - pretty nice with chef making custom omelets, french toast, sausage, fresh oatmeal, grits and fruit, pastries, and other goodies. they can open up private rooms for large crowds (wedding families...). but can get crowded. go early.
definitely the place to stay, not only for convenience but great views and relaxing surroundings. signup for parent's club and book early for best deals and availability. staff is very friendly and even has gift shop with hokie pillow pals which go fast!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center is the only hotel situated on the campus of Virginia Tech and is the perfect destination to explore all that Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, and Montgomery County have to offer. Preston's Restaurant features fresh, locally-sourced foods and the Continental Divide Lounge features an eclectic wine list and premium spirits. As the largest hotel and conference center in Blacksburg, we offer nearly 24,000 square feet of conference space, including a 700-seat ballroom, 10 conference rooms, and 147 hotel rooms and suites. This is one of the premier facilities in the mid-Atlantic region. For conferences, events, or leisure, come experience the hospitality, luxury, and latest innovations in beautiful southwest Virginia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Virginia Tech & Skelton Hotel Blacksburg
- The Inn At Virginia Tech And Skelton Conference Center
- Hotel At Virginia Tech
- At Virginia Tech Blacksburg
- The Inn At Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center Blacksburg