“Nice breakfast. Happy, loud atmosphere”
Review of Joe's Diner

Joe's Diner
Ranked #17 of 145 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Breakfast burrito was hot and full of flavor but the hash browns were cold and blah. Server was scary loud. Good coffee and fast service.

Date of visit: April 2013
1  Thank xgwoman

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Trust me, you won't ever get better service in a breakfast diner than at Joe's. I don't think the staff (and there are plenty) ever passes by without paying attention to you. My omlette was a 10!

Date of visit: February 2013
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Had my first breakfast at Joe's this week. I now have a bone to pick with my son for not getting me there earlier in his time at VA Tech.

The menu for breakfast has something for everyone. The service was excellent. The place is spotless. The food was as good as it gets. Simple - traditional - diner - comfort food.

I had steak and eggs. The steaks at most diners is beef in name only. Joe's ribeye was tender and done the way I ordered it (medium rare - not easy for a relatively thin cut of beef). My companions both got Cheesey Scrambled and didn't speak a word while they gobbled their plates clean. I saw a few orders of French Toast and pancakes pass by to other tables and they all looked delicious. I also saw the empty plates get bussed back to the kitchen - testimony that everyone was lovin' it on a quiet Saturday morning in downtown Blacksburg, VA.

I guess one lesson learned that in a college town, there aren't many students moving about (Fridays are a big nite out - go figure) - so if you're in town and its not a game day saturday - should be easy to get in. On my next trip - I'm going back for lunch. There were a slew of things that caught my eye on the menu.

DEFINITELY A MUST VISIT PLACE IN BLACKSBURG.

Date of visit: November 2012
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I discovered this place my senior year at Tech and wish I had known about it sooner. A cool little hole in the wall place next to Hokie Hair on Main Street, this lunch counter style restaurant is a blast from the past. Seating is tight and they will not generally sit large groups together. They close at 2pm so if you go for lunch, go earlier. The food is good and cheap. The people that own it are really nice too. They have a good breakfast which brings in crowds on the weekends so again, go early.

Date of visit: May 2012
2  Thank Mike T
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Absolutely classic 50's decor wonderful food I visited them for breakfast on a number of occasions, great services, and when not too busy the staff comprise of some engaging conversationalist ;-) ...and yes I do look forward to revisiting!

Date of visit: April 2012
2  Thank madorno

Been to Joe's Diner? Share your experiences!