“...and yes I do look forward to revisiting!”
Review of Joe's Diner

Joe's Diner
Ranked #15 of 129 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Absolutely classic 50's decor wonderful food I visited them for breakfast on a number of occasions, great services, and when not too busy the staff comprise of some engaging conversationalist ;-) ...and yes I do look forward to revisiting!

2  Thank madorno

Reviewed January 26, 2012

A great little divey place, cup of coffee and a welcome when you walk in the door, We loved it so much, we came by every day.

1  Thank CelineSoCA
Reviewed October 4, 2011

This small, old-style diner has limited seating but is big on portions and personality. Food was great, and service was excellent. We are definitely going back.

2  Thank ValerieinVB
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Joe's is the best hangover cure. I higly recommend the Carolina Breakfast and the Ranch Fried Wrap (with tots-because America thats why) but you can never go wrong with the Joe's Breakfast. I've been coming to Joe's for my morning afters only a little bit now but if the waitress sees me walk in I don't even have to ask, they just bring me my coffee, without a spoon because real men drink it black. Travis, the owner (also conspicuously the only guy that seems to work at joes...) usually works during the weekdays and will hang out and chat with you about anything under the sun, and he actually offered to help me move stuff out of my apt one day. If you go in during the weekends it can get pretty busy but everyone is still really nice and all the waitresses pretty much have a perma-grin. So, yea the guy's bathroom door doesn't shut but who cares? I just use the girl's, nbd. And yea the food's greasy but what'd you expect? It's Joe's DINER, they aren't going to give you an organic spinach and cage free egg omelet to eat while you sip your monkey picked tea, they're going to give you a heart attack inducing amount of food for 6 bucks with an unlimited supply of god's nectar aka: their sweet tea. (note: do not guzzle sweet tea after a night out, you will puke it up, and for the guy who puked in the sink that I heard about that's gross dude, the toilet's right there)

And as a note for the dude below me, how the eff did you and your gf eat $20 worth of food at joes if you just got the big joes? the most expensive thing on the menu is $7, are you dating a water buffalo?

2  Thank boneafideET
Reviewed January 17, 2011

First- does the owner write the reviews? I went based off of the reviews on here. I spent over an hour there. There is no help- I assume the person that serves you and runs the counter is the owner. He works hard, very hard. It pains me to write this as a result, but the food is awful, I mean awful!!! I ordered the Big Joe's. The pancakes are out of a box, FROZEN, NOT FRESH. Are you kidding me? 45 minutes for frozen small pancakes from a box. The syrup isn't real maple- it is store bought - like log cabin or something. Total crap! The sausage were frozen out of the box crap as well. The hash browns were completely hard, barely any for the serving, and horrible. The eggs, the only thing in the place that weren't frozen out of a box, were slightly under cooked, and had charred black particles from the grill because apparently you don't clean the grill before placing eggs on it. Nice! I beg you to believe this write up and not to make the mistake I did. I feel bad for the owner, but if you read this- do not serve frozen, out of the box, microwaved crap to your customers! 20. 00 for my GF and I- what a waste. I could have made better food in my kitchen at home.

1  Thank Keithb07