“Friendly Service and Excellent Food!”
Review of Excellent Table

Excellent Table
Ranked #39 of 127 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My friends and I are your average college freshmen. We have very little money and big appetites. One of my friends wanted to bring us to a local Ethiopian restaurant. Everyone was skeptical, even when we saw the building. The restaurant is very tiny itself, but is run by the nicest lady. She was the owner and loved what she did. She cooked all of the food herself and even told us that we could sample the dishes before we ordered. After tasting a few dishes, we decided to order a 12" plate (feeds 3-4 people). We had a party of 7, so we ordered two 12" plates. One plate had spicy food, while the other had mild food. The chicken was fantastic! The beef was tender and juicy! It was just an amazing experience. She served our food very fast and man was it good! I would recommend this to anyone living or visiting the Blacksburg area!

There are newer reviews for Excellent Table

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Despite the plethora of Ethiopian restaurants (many of them terrible) in DC, where we live, we went to Excellent Table on our way to North Carolina just to see what Blacksburg had to offer. The owner/chef, Haregewin, is delightful, and the food was excellent! She uses authentic flavorings and cooking methods with fresh local ingredients, and makes her own injera (Ethiopian bread for eating with). We had a great meal for a very reasonable price, and we really enjoyed getting to know her. Highly recommended!

It is a little hard to find and the seating area is very small. But, we found it and had the place to ourselves. Will go back next time we're through that way.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

You walk into a very small place, primarily designed for take out, and the owner/chef greets you and serves you with a warmth and friendliness that makes you feel welcome, and almost like a home. She will give you samples if you cannot decide on the menu, and this evening gave us an extra dish and complimentary hot tea. The food was wonderful, obviously made with fresh food and spices. The blend of spice and sauce in each dish created an array of flavor that was almost perfect. The bread is unique, almost gluten free, and a source of protein. Healthy food, with excellent flavor. Highly recommend!

1  Thank brookiefly
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My family loves to get food to go from Excellent Table, there are a number of things to choose from, and the menu rotates everyday. It is so nice to have something different to eat. The owner is very friendly. I highly recommend trying it out!

1  Thank CookieChachaCoco
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I recently visited Excellent Table and had high expectations after reading the reviews on tripadvisor. I was not impressed with the quality of food or the price. I lived above the Blue Nile in Harrisonburg, VA for quite some time and eat Ethiopian cuisine every chance that I get. I was hoping that excellent table would be better as I was planning before I even visited on becoming a repeat customer. The lady cooking was incredibly nice and genuine... Sadly, I will not be returning.