“Excellent food, at Excellent Table”
Review of Excellent Table - CLOSED

Excellent Table
Reviewed December 31, 2012

You walk into a very small place, primarily designed for take out, and the owner/chef greets you and serves you with a warmth and friendliness that makes you feel welcome, and almost like a home. She will give you samples if you cannot decide on the menu, and this evening gave us an extra dish and complimentary hot tea. The food was wonderful, obviously made with fresh food and spices. The blend of spice and sauce in each dish created an array of flavor that was almost perfect. The bread is unique, almost gluten free, and a source of protein. Healthy food, with excellent flavor. Highly recommend!

1  Thank brookiefly

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My family loves to get food to go from Excellent Table, there are a number of things to choose from, and the menu rotates everyday. It is so nice to have something different to eat. The owner is very friendly. I highly recommend trying it out!

1  Thank CookieChachaCoco
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I recently visited Excellent Table and had high expectations after reading the reviews on tripadvisor. I was not impressed with the quality of food or the price. I lived above the Blue Nile in Harrisonburg, VA for quite some time and eat Ethiopian cuisine every chance that I get. I was hoping that excellent table would be better as I was planning before I even visited on becoming a repeat customer. The lady cooking was incredibly nice and genuine... Sadly, I will not be returning.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

A surprise find in Blacksburg. I have eaten at the Excellent Table many times but my most interesting visit occurred recently when accompanied by first timers, my brother and best friend. An initial visit is an unmatched experience when the immediate explosion of flavors engulfs your palate. The balance of spices and sauces are a worthy venture into this little cultural gem.

1  Thank Dwayne W
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I've had Ethiopian in Ann Arbor, Baltimore, and New York. The rich spices and quality ingredients rival all - and in such a small place as Blacksburg! The dining area is well, down-to-earth let's say, but owner/service is super nice, and since we called ahead, very quick.

1  Thank WSLBellefonte