“Really Wish the Food was Better”
Review of T Flynn's Pub - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
T Flynn's Pub
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We love the idea of a good Irish Pub in Blacksburg, but this place does not fit the bill. The food is not consistent, and not really Irish fare. The people are nice, but the place can get very noisy. Will probably not return for a bit until we hear that there are improvements.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

T. Flynn's is a gem in the middle of Blacksburg. We were there on a weeknight. I had a Guinness- which was just the right temperature and perfectly pulled. We had onion rings for starters-- Oh My Gosh!!!! These are the best onion rings I've had in my entire life, and I've eaten a LOT of onion rings. The hand-batter is mixed at the restaurant with a premium beer, and the onion rings were crispy, flavorful, and cooked to perfection. The menu has something for everyone-- and the BEST idea-- a "pick 2," which is seen in many places-- but even better, a "pick 3" for $9.99. It was the perfect amount of food for my dinner. I chose a cup of Murphy's stew; blue bacon salad, and a corned beef Reuben. Great value-- great taste. And here's the best thing ever. You know that feeling at the end of dinner when you remember the items on the dessert menu, and you'd like just a taste, without your belly or calorie count exploding? Well, T. Flynn's has dessert minis! Less than $2, for an espresso-cup sized portion of their home-made yummies. I had an apple crisp, made with Irish brown bread, that came with a tiny scoop of ice cream. A perfect end to a really fun meal in a fantastic town.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The food is a sad, sports bar interpretation of Irish pub food. Can't recommend it. They do have a great selection of beers and a wonderful deck, but parking is impossible....beware the possibility of being towed from the bank lot.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We've visited T Flynn's twice now during happy hour. Beer and appetizers are half price until 6 pm, an amazing deal. Excellent beer choices at a rock bottom price. But - first off, it was extremely noisy. With wood floors, walls, tables, and bar, there's absolutely nothing to absorb the sound. We had to shout in each others' ears to attempt a conversation. It just wasn't enjoyable. And both times, the appetizers we ordered (Irish nachos and spinach artichoke dip) were just okay. Probably won't go back in cold weather because of the acoustics, might give it another try when it's warm enough to sit out on the deck.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Being the avid traveler I am, I love to try out Irish pubs in the towns that I visit. T. Flynns Pub is not an Irish Pub no matter how many times they change their name. T. Flynns is just another mediocre bar in the burg. It has not even been open for 12 months and it already reeks of grease, as bad as PK's does. I left there with the smell of grease in my hair, clothes, and coat. The food is the typical fried bar food, with a few Irish items thrown in...on the appetizer menu there are about 11 items and I think 7 or 8 of them are fried. The sheppard's pie and the chicken and leek pie are ok but the portions are small. The beer selection is extensive and happy hour prices are good so go enjoy a beer or two and listen to the live Irish music. Just don't expect to eat any real good Irish dishes.