“breakfast experiences hard to top”
Review of Famous Anthony's - CLOSED

Famous Anthony's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My family, extended to my 82 yr old father have had multiple good to very good breakfast dining experiences here. Service, food quality, atmosphere seen to work well. The standouts are French toast, eggs, very good sausage, pancakes, biscuit sandwiches etc. Not expensive, and way better than poor quality and service you might get at down town Waffle House.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

I remember eating here a decade ago while still in college, and it doesn't seem like much has changed. I went for breakfast with my family as we were down for my brother-in-laws graduation. We were sat quickly, although the hostess didn't really seem like she cared if we were there or not. No kids menu and really no speaking to us at all, she just grabbed the menu and headed off, then looked back like "why aren't you following me".

Anyways, the food: I had a country ham stuffed biscuit which was a then piece of ham on an overcooked, hard biscuit. My daughters pancakes were good, along with the sausage patty (a tad spicy which is good) and the OJ was not from concentrate. Nothing else is really worth mentioning.

I won't be back, would rather go to most any fast food place (bojangles down the road)

Reviewed January 19, 2014

If you want cheap food eat here. Perhaps breakfasts here are good, but I don't eat out for breakfast. The food quality matches the price.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Good "home cooking" style items to choose from...nice peaceful (not overwhelmed with loud TV's or music like a lot of eateries in the b,burg area) place to have a good evening dinner (my friends tell me they serve a super breakfast also).....servers were prompt and friendly , great triple choc cheese cake....

Reviewed July 24, 2013

the food was very good, but the wait staff could use some extra training....they were polite but it seemed as if they were very unsure what each other was doing and what they were supposed to be doing themselves...