“Good food W/Good Service...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Famous Anthony's

Famous Anthony's
Ranked #78 of 126 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Good food W/Good Service...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Good "home cooking" style items to choose from...nice peaceful (not overwhelmed with loud TV's or music like a lot of eateries in the b,burg area) place to have a good evening dinner (my friends tell me they serve a super breakfast also).....servers were prompt and friendly , great triple choc cheese cake....

• Visited October 2013

“Good...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

the food was very good, but the wait staff could use some extra training....they were polite but it seemed as if they were very unsure what each other was doing and what they were supposed to be doing themselves...

Visited February 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Affordable and quality food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My daughter loves their fried mac and cheese bites, even as a mid afternoon snack! Their waffle fries are seasoned, which is a bonus imo. Good prices and service.

Visited July 2013
Christiansburg, Virginia
“Basic family restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We often drop in here when we have guests to feed and a tight schedule. Today we used their walk up window to order a picnic lunch. This isn't a fast food place, the order (chicken salad sandwiches and mac&cheese for our granddaughter) took nearly 30 minutes to fill. As an after thought, we asked for extra napkins as we picked up the bags of food. Good thing we asked. When we arrived at Blackburg's Caboose park, the only napkins we had were the 4 extras we'd requested. There was also only one set of plastic ware in the bags for 4 people.

The cranberry/chicken salad sandwiches were good as was the salmon salmon salad.

Not a ritzy place but a nice variety of foods to satisfy everyone's taste.

• Visited July 2013
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Great Family Restaurant For Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I as well as a retired men's motorcycle group like very much to eat at this local informal place. I typically like to eat where the local's eat if it suits my likes. This mid sized restaurant is on Main Street in Blacksburg, VA....with good parking in large shopping center lot. Here are the things I like particularly for breakfast: nice waitresses, quick service, kitchen/cooks are open to public as you walk to your seating area (homey)...they smile at you, reasonable prices, diverse menu, all menu items delicious, huge pancakes, large omelets, fried apples, grits, gravy, country ham, biscuits, etc. They also have small packs of apple butter and honey if you ask for them. The only thing I would advise is to make the hash brown potatoes larger of chunk category rather than the diced size. I also ask for my omelet ingredients to be cooked well done (more flavor-full) like almost burned and they can even do that to-order for me. Sometimes there are even buy one omelet get one free ....but that is becoming rarer. If you order pancakes, don't ask for more than two.....remember huge. They even had the ceiling music too loud in the back room and I asked them to lower and they did so cheerfully and immediately....no problem. And they check on you often to see if you need anything else. Can't be better, why we like the place.

• Visited December 2012