“really good eats in Blacksburg!”
Review of Lefty's Main Street Grille - MOVED

Lefty's Main Street Grille
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 8, 2014

On a family vacation back to my home where I grew up... the expectations were set really high! we had a family dinner after our group race in the Draper Mile and it definately hit the expectation. we got there late and a few of the specials had run out.... but the really nice server George was quick to explain and offered other options that were on the menu. I had the BBQ shrip appitizer and the vegitarian french onion soup and it was devine. Family memebers enjoyed the yummy steak options and sanwiches. Selection of drink items and even hard cider were offered in a nice selection to choose from and pricing was very reasonable. I highly applaud.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

I've eaten here several times and the food is always great. It's served hot, with house made dressings and sauces, and I've never been disappointed. I recommend the Cobb salad, the burgers (I've tried almost all of them and they're great), the turkey reuben, or the soups. This is one place we always take visitors because we know everything will be good.

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Just stumbled upon this place during a quick trip to Blacksburg. Great beer selection, outdoor seating, excellent salads and creative sandwiches and burgers. A perfect formula for a nice lunch. Plus, my favorite, perfectly cooked homemade potato chips.

1  Thank SavannahGal
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

All the positive reviews are spot on. Leftys has great food and great service. I ate in a comfortable atmosphere with my family and we all liked the place. My meal was a special sold well by our waiter. It was a pork tenderloin that was marinated for 12 hrs in a Jerk spiced brine, very tender and delicious, served over linguine with peppers and a cream sauce. YUM! The place makes most of the salad dressing they serve. I chose their green goddess and it was great. We all shared the potato chips cooked on site with a lime cilantro dipping sauce, nice combo.

The place has a pub type feel. A place you can hang out in. The chairs and tables are well used but that shows how important the place is to eat at. Great support of VA breweries. I had Parkway's Raven Roost. A porter with a smooth creamy taste.

When you are anywhere near Blacksburg then Leftys should be on your meal ticket.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I recently took my mom here for an early Mother's Day dinner; she lives out of town, but visits often and we wanted to try somewhere different that we don't usually gravitate to. We enjoyed our food so much that we've returned a few times since then! Between us, we've tried the salad/sandwich combo, the shrimp and grits, and the steak. Dessert is a must if you have a sweet tooth, especially the cranberry walnut chocolate chip pie! It's a bit pricey, but made in store and worth every penny and calorie! I very much enjoy the Main St. salad and my mom likes the Lefty's salad. They make several dressings in house and some are even available for purchase. We really enjoy the cilantro-lime vinaigrette. The Philly cheesesteak is wonderful and has been our choice for the salad/sandwich combo; the quality of the steak in the sandwich is very good. The service is good; the staff is friendly and knows the menu and specials well. The past two times we've been, we had the same waitress (Elyse, I think?). She was very attentive. I'm glad we discovered Lefty's and would recommend it to others.