“Fun place with eclectic food”
Review of Lefty's Main Street Grille - MOVED

Lefty's Main Street Grille
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stopped by after church last Sunday. Beautiful sunny August day. Were lucky to find an outside table with an umbrella. The place was packed, although they had more waitresses on duty than I remembered from the past.

I ordered their classic burger, my wife got the cashew chicken salad. Took about 20 minutes for our meals to arrive. We weren't in a hurry - this time. My hamburger was good. It was served between 2 slices (small) of sour dough bread which added to the flavor. But by the 2nd bite I'd worn out my napkin from wiping the grease (butter?) from my fingers which they picked up from the bread. The burger wasn't greasy - but the bread had a lot of something oily on it. My side order of onion rings left a small pool of grease in the bottom of the basket - but the rings didn't appear or taste greasy.

Total came to $25 plus tip.

We try to eat here at least once a year, preferably when VT is not in session. They always have an interesting selection of sandwiches and salads.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The service here was pretty good - friendly and timely. The burgers and sandwiches are great! Although I will say, they are a little greasy...

We haven't tried much at this restaurant, but I do want to give them props for being a local restaurant with good food AND good service!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This place is a GREAT place for a casual lunch or dinner. The burgers are fantastic! Of course almost all of the food is fantastic. The pesto burger is my favorite but you can't go wrong no matter what you order---sandwiches, salads (Lefty's salad is one of my favorites) and the dinners are such a surprise---salmon cooked perfectly. The only negative is that the place is packed at lunch time so either get here early or late and don't plan on "fast" food.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Was really hesitant about trying this place...it is nothing fancy, but I was pleasantly surprised...I ordered one of there burgers and it was certainly one of the best in town...the waitress was very attentive and polite....the place was clean and kept up to date....

1  Thank bluelava99
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've seen and heard rave reviews, but haven't experienced a great meal here yet (3 attempts). I've tried their "specials" like the Croque sandwich, but haven't been pleased. I love how their menu reads - lots of options that sound great - but haven't found a good item yet.