“Just terrible, don't go there!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Boudreaux's

Boudreaux's
Ranked #64 of 126 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Blacksburg, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just terrible, don't go there!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Worst place I've been in Blacksburg!!! We got there (a group of 4) and were standing at the door for about 15 min while the manager and other employees saw us and just ignored us. When we finally were asked how many we where, we were told it would be a 10 min wait for a table. We waited in the bar for about 1 hour, and we could see there were at least 2 tables available. When we asked, we were told we had to close our tab at the bar before we could move to the table, which was only 2 feet away. By that time we were starving, so we ordered some food. Two people ordered salads and one ordered a jambalaya, and it took forever to get our food. When we finally got it. the salmon on one of the salads was very dry, the steak in the other salad was EXTREMELY salty, and the jambalaya had a lot of ketchup. Overall, just a very bad experience, don't go there!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Javongato

Marietta, Georgia
“Good Cajun and Southern food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

A group of 5 family members went there for lunch. It is downtown on Main Street across from Wells Fargo Bank. We had appetizers, alligator and crawfish bits, which my family assured me were very good (I'm a meats and potatoes guy). My wife had a muffaletta sandwich which was excellent. I had the fried chicken which reminded me of the kind I make at home, not as good as real Southern-fried chicken. My son the muffaletta and his wife had a shrimp po'boy sandwich. They had a great selection of beers, including some good local brews. Prices were reasonable.

• Visited November 2013
Philadelphia
“Not real Cajun”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband, son and I ate at this restaurant in September while on a VT campus visit. In spite of a large party nearby, our waitress Kelly (?), was attentive and helpful. She understood the beer list and the menu well. As I don't care for this type of cuisine, I played it safe with seasoned shrimp. They were fine. Not good, not bad, just fine. My husband and son on the other hand, are lovers of Cajun food. They both ordered the jambalaya which was a disappointment. If an always-hungry 17 year old boy says it's just ok, then you know it's not great as they will eat just about anything. Would we return? Probably not. But, unlike others, we had very good service.

• Visited September 2013
Pensacola, FL
“Cajun away from the Bayou”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We met our Granddaughter here for lunch. Located in Downtown Blacksburg this was a good place to eat. I would not recommend the Jambalia as it just was not good. The Etoufe was very good and tasted of the bayou country in Lousianna, I opted for the grilled Salmon and it was okay. You could see from the color of the meat t was a farm raised salmon and they do not have the taste of a wild grown salmon.
The service was good, Food was good except Jambalia.

• Visited October 2013
Christiansburg, Virginia
“Try the mojitos!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Food here is good, but you get what you pay for. I haven't been impressed with the sandwiches, but most of the entrees I have ordered have been delicious. Go with the red peach mojito, you will not be disappointed!

• Visited September 2013