“Try the mojitos!”
Review of Boudreaux's

Boudreaux's
Ranked #69 of 127 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Food here is good, but you get what you pay for. I haven't been impressed with the sandwiches, but most of the entrees I have ordered have been delicious. Go with the red peach mojito, you will not be disappointed!

There are newer reviews for Boudreaux's

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We went on a Tuesday evening right before general move-in day at VT. It was not crowded which was nice. Service was fine - I was concerned because of the reviews stating the service was not very good. The food was forgettable. Gator bites weren't very flavorful, although the oysters rockafeller was okay. Two in our party had the jambalaya and said it had a sweet taste to it - like bbq sauce. Not what we're used to in a jambalaya. I had southern fried chicken. Was expecting a couple pieces of chicken that I could hold in my hands. Was disappointed that the chicken was a boneless breast. It was tasty, but not what I expected. It was served with mashed potatoes and gravy which was also tasty, but fairly average. It would have been nice if it was served with a green veggie like collard greens or green beans. Other person in our party had blackened catfish which he said was very good. But he had ordered surf and turf only to be told they were out of ribeye. All in all it was a very average meal - nothing to write home about.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a small group of seven, family and friends, and thought we'd do something a bit better food wise than burgers and pizza. It is summer, so things are a bit slower. When we arrived the restaurant was less than half full. There is a patio on the roof, but built for smaller groups.

Boudreax's menu is extensive, offering a wide variety of tastes and the cooking really is something to be enjoyed. We had everything from steak to Low-Country Shrimp and Grits, and Jambalya. Crawfish, hush puppies, it was all terrific. This would be a fun place to go with a group that wanted to try a bunch of different foods (gator anyone?). Get a bunch of dishes and share, share, share. But for the service...

The service we had was abysmal, even for summer in a college town. Four different times we had to go find the waitress as the drinks on the table were empty (water and soda, we were not pounding down beers), and finally I asked a different server if we could just have a pitcher of water left at the table, which our own server never bothered to refill for us. Remember, we are eating spicy food!!

She would visit one-table-at-a-time and never looked around to see if any of her other tables needed something, then she would head to the back of the restaurat where we could see her, but she never bothered to look up. One of our soups never showed up, yet we were charged. And the simple act of paying with a credit card was a delay all of its own - and she wasn't new. We kind of just gave up at the end.

The other tables look like they were better taken care of then we were so there is hope. The food is wonderful, and on our next visit - which won't be for a while, we will see how it goes.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Boudreaux's is one of my two favorite places for Sunday brunch in Blacksburg. Start out with a Bloody Mary-- they have a Cajun version that is too yummy for words. New Orleans- inspired omelets and egg specialties ensure that your Sunday will be off to a great start.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I visited with a large group on two occasions. The first time, we received our food an hour after ordering. However, it had a great atmosphere and the food was worth the wait. The second time, we never got sat after waiting almost two hours because of how busy they were. My recommendation is only go if your not in a rush and reserve a table in advance.