“Great place to go during weekdays”
Review of Cafe Mekong

Cafe Mekong
Ranked #35 of 127 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to go during weekdays”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

It can get a little busy during weekends and there is no lunch special in the weekends but the price is great compare to the other Thai restaurant in town. They serve plenty of food so we almost always have some left overs for home. Great place for students to go, meal is served hot and fast.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Lucius Y

• Korean first
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Best Thai in town”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were so happy when this place opened to bring us some new southeast asian flavors with fresh ingredients from the next door international market. I've had a Pad Thai that was a bit too oily once, but everything else was pretty good. I like their Penang Curry, papaya salad, and the Kalbee short ribs. The price is very reasonable.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Marina V
Willis
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Thia in Blacksburg, VA”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The food is outstanding, as is the service and value. Interior could use a little love, but the food makes it easy to overlook.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mack M
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Very good food with reasonable price”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I like the place. Very good food with reasonable price. You can have lunch under ten bucks. Tastes very nice.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank MaksudulAlam
Cedar Bluff
“Trying Thai”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband & I love trying ethnic food but live in far sw va so we only get to do so when we're away from home. .As we were in Blacksburg, we decided to visit Café Mekong. I had looked at their menu online and knew they had many gf dishes. We tried their Spring Rolls with fish sauce and they were great,crunchy with large shrimp. We like to order 2 dishes and share so I ordered Pad Thai and my husband ordered a red curry dish. The servings were generous,(we took enough home for the next days lunch)and the food was delicious. I will say the curry was a little hot for me but my husband loved it. The staff was friendly and attentive, regularly filling my water for which I was very grateful.This was only our 2nd time trying Thai but I would definitely return to this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013