“Delicious”

Ranked #23 of 127 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
“Delicious”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I Have dined here twice. The first time was with a large group and they had no trouble accommodating us and the food was brought out in a timely fashion. The other time was quite busy but we still had good service even thought it was just the two of us. The food was great both times It was worth the price. The portions are large, fine for sharing. I don't know how authentic the food is since I do not have any thing to compare it to. There is plenty of parking.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Cascades21

• Korean first
Alexandria, Virginia
“Yay! Thai food in southwest Virginia!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Finally tasty Thai style food in Radford/Christansburg/Blacksburg area! Not sure how authentic my drunken noodles were but very tasty with spicy sauce and well cooked and well seasoned beef. Nice option to the proliferation of chains.

Food is the focus in the no-frills dining room but service was friendly and efficient -- definitely recommend!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Alexandrian1026
Annapolis, Maryland
“Wonderful addition to Blacksburg!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I came across this relatively new restaurant while dropping children at Virginia Tech and I am so happy I did!! This is one of those places that smells wonderful when you walk in and the food does not disappoint. I went once for carry-out and then came back with husband and another couple. We all enjoyed our selections including one vegetarian dish and curries. The prices are very reasonable, including beers. The service was fine. The only improvement could be in the atmosphere. While the colors and tables are all attractive, the lighting is very bright and stark.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank wormula
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Average but striving to be better”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I have eaten Thai and Viet food from all over the world and I am also from an area where Viet and Thai food are very authentic and delicious. I have to start off by saying I'm glad they decided to bring an ethnic restaurant to this area and while it is still a work in progress, I am excited to come back in the future. The food was only average because of it's claims. The pho was nicely cooked, but the soup base was tad too sour, maybe too much fish sauce. The pad thai definitely needed work. The noodles were under-cooked but the meat was delicious. I've also tried the curry and it needs less coconut milk and more spicy. Overall, once they tweek the flavors, it will be a good little gem!

• Visited February 2012
Blue Ridge Mountains, Virginia
“It's about time that Blacksburg has good Thai/Vietnamese food!”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I've eaten at Cafe Mekong twice now (once for take-out) and both times, the food was prepared perfectly. The flavors they use are incredible, and almost addictive! Service has always been fast and friendly and the prices are very reasonable for such wonderful food. We will return again and again.

Visited June 2012