“Decent Sushi in Blacksburg”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sake House

Sake House
Ranked #71 of 126 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Blacksburg, Virginia, United States
“Decent Sushi in Blacksburg”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Pretty decent sushi for Blacksburg. Not a restaurant that I would be particularly fond of in a real city, but it is definitely step above many of the offerings in Blacksburg.

Visited September 2012

Bristol, Virginia
“Not that great”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've heard my friends talk about how great this place is. I disagree. It was too oily for my taste and the food was not impressive. Went once and never again.

Visited December 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Better than the alternatives”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

Although sake house is just okay quality sushi, it's better than the other places in Blacksburg. I've been to many places with better sushi and sides out of town. I've been on their special low price nights and been relatively satisfied with the quality to the price, but be prepared to wait around for a table--everybody else knows about the low price nights, too. One of my favorite things to eat at sushi restaurants is kani salad, but here it was about 80% cucumber, 20% poorly assembled crab meat. Disappointing.

• Visited April 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Great Sushi and Friendly People”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

I love this place! When it moved from Salem to Blacksburg, I was thrilled. I don't know why people think it is so expensive, it's not for what you get.

Monday is dollar sushi night where you can get some rolls for $1 (cash only). There are many choices for non-sushi eaters. There is NO kids' menu, but Yakitori or chicken teriyaki can work for most kids.

This is a great family-owned business in Blacksburg and one to visit!

• Visited June 2012
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Average service, average fare”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

I have eaten here on numerous occasions from when it opened to pretty recently. I appreciate the amount of selection on the menu and the atmosphere. They even have little cabanas to sit in. Now onto the food, the prices are steep for Blacksburg and the quality is just average. I visited during Monday sushi night and was highly disappointed by the quality of my sushi. I'm sure it had been made a while ago because it was hard as a rock and just as dry. Oh yea, if your visiting during Monday night sushi, make sure you have cash bc that's all they take.

• Visited April 2012