We stayed here one night based on decent TripAdvisor reviews, which are generally pretty accurate, but had rather poor experience.
1) Doors were not closing well, neigher to the bathroom not outside. We were surprised in the middle of the night when someone opened the door from the outside, apparently by mistake, as the door was snug and closed.
Bathroom doors on the other hand are not closing at all.
2) Walls are paper thin and you can hear everything outside, and there was a lot of noise as someone stayed up all evening and night in the parking lot smoking and watching TV attached to a truck.
3) Bed smelled and windows let too much light from outside lights at night (over the curtain).
We are usually not requiring much and stayed in Super 8 or Red Roof models which were better than this, so were a bit surprised, especially knowing that it got 4 stars on TripAdvisor. We will have to find another hotel next time we visit VA Tech, either to pay more or stay maybe in Christiansburg.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Red Carpet Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Carpet Hotel Blacksburg
- Red Carpet Inn Blacksburg, Virginia
- Blacksburg Red Carpet Inn