“Excellent and friendly service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Carpet Inn

Red Carpet Inn
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Blacksburg
“Excellent and friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I needed a place to stay on orientation day at Virginia tech because I brought my girlfriend down and found excellent service at the red carpet inn. Great location because it is not too far away from campus and is also near places like Kroger and the cookout. The red carpet inn's manager was very nice and provided very customer friendly service.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Tastedwaynebowe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

We've stayed one night in Blacksburg to buy some stuff together for a camping trip in the National Parks around, so we've looked for an affordable, nice place in the vicinity of the town. And we've found the Red Carpet Inn!
The welcoming was super friendly, the room was clean and with new interior. And of course the big bed...
There's a bus stop just outside if you want to leave the car and stray through Blacksburg on foot.
The WiFi was working without problems.
All in all: excellent!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Patrick D
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Clean, quite and in very close proximity to the Stadium/campus. Not to mention right across are a few (very good) food joints. Solid connection to WIFI which is important since my company is internet based.

All things considered, I give this one the 5 star (circles are what they are using these days I guess).

Room Tip: Try room 114, worked well for me!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank kkbd8
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

The Inn is clean and affordable. I had the honor of staying here twice (January & June) and was more than happy with their impeccable service. Rooms are kept clean and they offer different discounts depending on the agency you book with.
The couple running the place are kind and generous. They do all they can to make your stay comfortable and easy going. I would definitely stay here again! Thank you

Room Tip: Rooms are clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Cynthia M
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

The exterior of the hotel is dated, but don't let that fool you. The owners have created good value where it counts. The beds and bedding, carpeting, bathroom grouting, sink, etc. are all new and very clean. Everything is basic, but in good working order. There's a fridge and microwave, cable tv and, of course, the free wi-fi is an unexpected bonus. This is a great option for a budget-minded family. It's true that the friendly and hard-working owners are warm and welcoming.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathy M
Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

If you need a clean, quiet place to stay, this does the trick. It's close and convenient to campus, and the proprietor is a solid, helpful guy who's been here for 12 years and can recommend places to go in town. Free wi-fi's a ice plus too

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Peter P
Dryden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have been staying here since July of 2011 when I took my son to VA Tech for orientation. I chatted with the owners and I knew right away that I liked them. They are a family working hard to make a living for themselves and their children, 7 days per week. They do not have a corporate wallet backing them. They provide awesome service; no matter what time I arrive they accommodate me, if I need something they help. They know me when I call and they greet me warmly when I arrive. I do not feel like a number in a line of cattle getting ready to be checked in. I feel comfortable there and I won't stay anywhere else. Their hotel is clean, safe, very reasonably priced and they are appreciative of me staying with them, and that means more to me than staying at any high end hotel. I have stayed at 5 star hotels that were not clean and had terrible customer service; it is not about how expensive their product is, it's about how they treat me and how I feel when I leave.

Della from New York