“Value and Cleanliness”
Review of Red Carpet Inn

Red Carpet Inn
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Blacksburg
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Clean, quite and in very close proximity to the Stadium/campus. Not to mention right across are a few (very good) food joints. Solid connection to WIFI which is important since my company is internet based.

All things considered, I give this one the 5 star (circles are what they are using these days I guess).

Room Tip: Try room 114, worked well for me!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank kkbd8

Reviewed June 12, 2013

The Inn is clean and affordable. I had the honor of staying here twice (January & June) and was more than happy with their impeccable service. Rooms are kept clean and they offer different discounts depending on the agency you book with.
The couple running the place are kind and generous. They do all they can to make your stay comfortable and easy going. I would definitely stay here again! Thank you

Room Tip: Rooms are clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Cynthia M
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The exterior of the hotel is dated, but don't let that fool you. The owners have created good value where it counts. The beds and bedding, carpeting, bathroom grouting, sink, etc. are all new and very clean. Everything is basic, but in good working order. There's a fridge and microwave, cable tv and, of course, the free wi-fi is an unexpected bonus. This is a great option for a budget-minded family. It's true that the friendly and hard-working owners are warm and welcoming.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathy M
Reviewed April 25, 2013

If you need a clean, quiet place to stay, this does the trick. It's close and convenient to campus, and the proprietor is a solid, helpful guy who's been here for 12 years and can recommend places to go in town. Free wi-fi's a ice plus too

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Peter P
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have been staying here since July of 2011 when I took my son to VA Tech for orientation. I chatted with the owners and I knew right away that I liked them. They are a family working hard to make a living for themselves and their children, 7 days per week. They do not have a corporate wallet backing them. They provide awesome service; no matter what time I arrive they accommodate me, if I need something they help. They know me when I call and they greet me warmly when I arrive. I do not feel like a number in a line of cattle getting ready to be checked in. I feel comfortable there and I won't stay anywhere else. Their hotel is clean, safe, very reasonably priced and they are appreciative of me staying with them, and that means more to me than staying at any high end hotel. I have stayed at 5 star hotels that were not clean and had terrible customer service; it is not about how expensive their product is, it's about how they treat me and how I feel when I leave.

Della from New York

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank Della M
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The hotel leaves a lot to be desired, but it is clean, affordable, and convenient to campus. The staff were agreeable and helpful and I would stay here again in a pinch. There is a eatery across the street, bulls and bones, that has good craft brews and ample portions. The free wifi was helpful.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Hokieburg
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed here one night last week while in Blacksburg visiting my son at Virginia Tech. The motel is convenient to campus, very clean and well maintained. The proprietor is friendly and gave me a gift certificate for a nearby breakfast restaurant that more than made up for the lack of a breakfast bar onsite. Wi-fi was easy to connect and reliable, the tiled bath had plenty of hot water and the bed was great. I'll stay here again next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo