New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Blacksburg
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The exterior of the hotel is dated, but don't let that fool you. The owners have created good value where it counts. The beds and bedding, carpeting, bathroom grouting, sink, etc. are all new and very clean. Everything is basic, but in good working order. There's a fridge and microwave, cable tv and, of course, the free wi-fi is an unexpected bonus. This is a great option for a budget-minded family. It's true that the friendly and hard-working owners are warm and welcoming.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathy M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

If you need a clean, quiet place to stay, this does the trick. It's close and convenient to campus, and the proprietor is a solid, helpful guy who's been here for 12 years and can recommend places to go in town. Free wi-fi's a ice plus too

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Peter P
Dryden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have been staying here since July of 2011 when I took my son to VA Tech for orientation. I chatted with the owners and I knew right away that I liked them. They are a family working hard to make a living for themselves and their children, 7 days per week. They do not have a corporate wallet backing them. They provide awesome service; no matter what time I arrive they accommodate me, if I need something they help. They know me when I call and they greet me warmly when I arrive. I do not feel like a number in a line of cattle getting ready to be checked in. I feel comfortable there and I won't stay anywhere else. Their hotel is clean, safe, very reasonably priced and they are appreciative of me staying with them, and that means more to me than staying at any high end hotel. I have stayed at 5 star hotels that were not clean and had terrible customer service; it is not about how expensive their product is, it's about how they treat me and how I feel when I leave.

Della from New York

6 Thank Della M
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

The hotel leaves a lot to be desired, but it is clean, affordable, and convenient to campus. The staff were agreeable and helpful and I would stay here again in a pinch. There is a eatery across the street, bulls and bones, that has good craft brews and ample portions. The free wifi was helpful.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Hokieburg
Earlysville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed here one night last week while in Blacksburg visiting my son at Virginia Tech. The motel is convenient to campus, very clean and well maintained. The proprietor is friendly and gave me a gift certificate for a nearby breakfast restaurant that more than made up for the lack of a breakfast bar onsite. Wi-fi was easy to connect and reliable, the tiled bath had plenty of hot water and the bed was great. I'll stay here again next time.

4 Thank jth9q
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I just called to make a reservation for my husband and the manager even remembered him from his last stay and went out of his way to accommodate him. This hotel is small and very comfortable. It also is the best price in town.

3 Thank Trojan12
Kingsport, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

There are honest people in the world today. The front desk person gave my son money back he wasn't aware he was due. Not sure how many places would have been that honest. We didn't need a place with all the bells and whistles, just a clean room and we found it here. Best price I could find in town. Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Missy Q
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blacksburg
The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center
Main Street Inn
#6 of 8 in Blacksburg
4.5 of 5 stars 191 reviews
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Christiansburg/Blacksburg

Been to Red Carpet Inn? Share your experiences!