WINNER WONDERLAND

Red Carpet Inn
Red Carpet Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Blacksburg
Dryden
“Won't Stay Anywhere Else!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have been staying here since July of 2011 when I took my son to VA Tech for orientation. I chatted with the owners and I knew right away that I liked them. They are a family working hard to make a living for themselves and their children, 7 days per week. They do not have a corporate wallet backing them. They provide awesome service; no matter what time I arrive they accommodate me, if I need something they help. They know me when I call and they greet me warmly when I arrive. I do not feel like a number in a line of cattle getting ready to be checked in. I feel comfortable there and I won't stay anywhere else. Their hotel is clean, safe, very reasonably priced and they are appreciative of me staying with them, and that means more to me than staying at any high end hotel. I have stayed at 5 star hotels that were not clean and had terrible customer service; it is not about how expensive their product is, it's about how they treat me and how I feel when I leave.

Della from New York

6 Thank Della M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

The hotel leaves a lot to be desired, but it is clean, affordable, and convenient to campus. The staff were agreeable and helpful and I would stay here again in a pinch. There is a eatery across the street, bulls and bones, that has good craft brews and ample portions. The free wifi was helpful.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Hokieburg
Earlysville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed here one night last week while in Blacksburg visiting my son at Virginia Tech. The motel is convenient to campus, very clean and well maintained. The proprietor is friendly and gave me a gift certificate for a nearby breakfast restaurant that more than made up for the lack of a breakfast bar onsite. Wi-fi was easy to connect and reliable, the tiled bath had plenty of hot water and the bed was great. I'll stay here again next time.

4 Thank jth9q
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I just called to make a reservation for my husband and the manager even remembered him from his last stay and went out of his way to accommodate him. This hotel is small and very comfortable. It also is the best price in town.

3 Thank Trojan12
Kingsport, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

There are honest people in the world today. The front desk person gave my son money back he wasn't aware he was due. Not sure how many places would have been that honest. We didn't need a place with all the bells and whistles, just a clean room and we found it here. Best price I could find in town. Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Missy Q
Campinas, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

I am a Brazilian student, and I was looking for a place to stay in Blacksburg during 3 months. I had found it in the trip advisor and I sent an email to ask for a room. Harry, the manager, answer my email very quickly and I made a reservation. Before I arrived I wasn't sure about what I will find there but now what I can say to people that are looking for a place to stay in Blacksburg is that Red Carpet Inn is a perfect place.
The room was good and very clean, the refrigerator and microwave was new and clean, and I had cable TV and free wireless Internet. There is a lot of restaurants around the hotel and a big grocery store very close, but if you need to go anywhere else, the bus that goes to VT and to Cristhiansburg stops in front of the hotel.
The last and more important thing about the red carpet is the family who manage it, They are wonderful people, I was coming from a foreign country and they offer me all the help I needed in everything.

Definitely, it was the best choise that I could had done.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank ThiagoGodoi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

If you're looking to spend relatively little on an overnight stay in the Blacksburg area, you could do much worse than this motel. The front desk person went out of his way to be helpful and kind. We'd not expected to have to stop overnight and had no toiletries with us at all. He provided toothbrushes and toothpaste and was very gracious. The rooms are very modest--just the basics---but refreshingly clean. It was a little further off I-81 than we'd thought, but worth it. There was also a fabulous Indian restaurant less than 2 miles away--India Garden.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family