“Great Place and Value!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Blacksburg
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Great Place and Value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

I stayed here for a week and I can truly say that my stay was truly enjoyable and comfy . The owners are very hospitable and friendly, they made sure that my stay here was comfortable. You can't beat the location either, it's a few minutes from downtown Blacksburg and VA Tech and has numerous shopping places and restaurants located around the hotel. and did I mention that they have reliable wireless, cable and coffee in the morning? This is an excellent place for your short stay to Blacksburg, you won't regret it, trust me.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
25 Thank Line K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I've stayed at The Red Carpet Inn several times while visiting my daughter. I am always pleased with my stay. It's not a luxury hotel by any means, so don't expect super soft towels, but the place is very clean and quiet (though I've never stayed during football season!). Everyone who works there is very friendly and helpful. There are mini-fridges and microwaves in the rooms. The wireless access is speedy and reliable. Coffee is available in the morning in the lobby as well as copies of the free local newspaper. The location is great--just a few minutes from downtown Blacksburg or Christiansburg and close to a shopping center with several dining options.

Room Tip: I've stayed in rooms close to Main St and have had no problem with noise from traffic.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
24 Thank seismicwaves
Dayton, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

As a student I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a hotel. Red Carpet Inn is a great price, very clean, and the workers are very polite. The greatest thing about the hotel other than the price and the cleanliness is that it is one mile away from the VCOM campus. So, to all you who are coming to Blacksburg VA for your medical school interviews, I'd highly recommend Red Carpet inn.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
25 Thank Melissa B
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

I agree with many other reviewers that this place was a great value. The owner went above and beyond to make my stay comfortable. I felt safe as a female traveling solo. The room was comfortable; my only complaint would be that there weren't enough power outlets (not really one convenient for working on my laptop in my particular room). Oh, and there wasn't an elevator - the stairs were pretty steep. But the owner anticipated this and happily offered to help me with my luggage. Overall a very affordable and comfortable stay.

Room Tip: The main road is pretty noisy in the morning, so if you want to sleep in I'd suggest staying in...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
26 Thank Molly D
Blacksburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

Its the best place in the town . Stayed there for 3 days . The rooms are very comfortable , spacious, well furnished and they have excellent service. They have many facilities tv, high speed internet etc for free. The man who owns this helped us in getting food , when we arrived late at night (1:00am). As we were new to this place we thought that it will be hard for us. But the owner helped us with all the things we needed. After a 30 hrs of flight journey we never expected to get such a nice sleep. I recommend Red Carpet Inn for every one who visits this town. What we paid very for what we got from this place.

Room Tip: You can book in advance and get any things needed before you arrive here
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
28 Thank Sriram C
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay. The man who owns the hotel was very nice and made sure that we had everything that we needed. The HD tv was an extra bonus! I would recommend this hotel to anyone...especially during Hokie football game.

• Stayed December 2011
32 Thank dgreene15
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Stayed with my two children for a Va Tech Open House weekend. Best price in the area and seemed to be the closest to campus.

Check-in was quick (probably the owner's daughter? Seemed as nice as the owner has been reviewed!) Easily switched from a king to two doubles for just a little more - $50 - $57. Room was very clean, plastic covers on the mattress and box springs and the bathroom was freshly painted. Bathroom was also spotless. No extras like mini-shampoo bottles or hair dryer but the frig was huge and the microwave was also shiny clean. Towels are rather small but for this price, I'll bring my own if we return as Hokie parents someday!

Coffee, hot water and tea bags were available but there was only sweet and low. No donuts on this Sunday morning.

Room Tip: Be careful of the very steep entrances!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
36 Thank bdaygirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blacksburg
The Inn at Virginia Tech & Skelton Conference Center
Main Street Inn
#5 of 8 in Blacksburg
4.5 of 5 stars 191 reviews
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Christiansburg/Blacksburg

Been to Red Carpet Inn? Share your experiences!