“622 to the Rescue” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 622 North

622 North
Reserve with OpenTable
622 North is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 123 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Richmond, Virginia
“622 to the Rescue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I'm a foodie with food allergies...an unfortunate combination. Traveling can be a nightmare. I had to drop my son off at a sports camp at Virginia Tech this week, and ended up hungry and nervous in Blacksburg. Where could I get great food? How could I deal with my allergies? Blacksburg is full of cute college dives, but that wasn't what i was looking for. Thank goodness for the magic of the Internet. A search led me to 622 North, and I couldn't have asked for a better meal. Fantastic food, great wine, superb service...everything was just excellent. If you're in the area, check this place out. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Pecadora

Blacksburg, Virginia
“Still not worth the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My sister and I went to 622 North for our Wednesday night outing. We had been there once before and were not that pleased with either the service or our meal. We did see potential, but the execution was poor. So, we decided to try it again, hoping they had improved.
We were seated and greeted by our server right away. Our server was unkempt, even dirty, but seemed to know his stuff. The wine list is not that good for a wine bar. The prices are marked up more than most restaurants. We ordered an inexpensive Pinot that I was familiar with. We decided to go with a small plate followed by an entree. I ordered onion jam for the small plate, my sister ordered a corn and Gouda chowder. The chowder had the consistency of library paste, and the onion jam was nothing but soft onions with a little vinegar. It was served with the equivalent of Texas toast. For my entree, I ordered the ravioli with pesto. The ratio of pasta and filling was way off, much too much pasta dough, and hardly any filling. The chef tried to counter that with a very oily pesto. It dominated the dish rather than complemented it. My sister ordered salmon with a sweet potato and mustard crust. Sound weird? Well, it was, not a combination that worked at all.
To end this I will say that 622 North does not live up to its billing. It was way overpriced for the poor execution. They need a new chef.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Deni22
Blacksburg, VA
“A pleasant and quiet dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My wife and I had dinner there this evening. I had Shrimp ravioli (moderate portions but the ravioli was of high quality and the visual presentation was very very good) and she had a chicken breast with Manicotti (also of very good quality). For desert we had cherry tart with Homestead Ice Cream- probably the best cherry tart/cobbler/pie that I have ever had.
I would describe the place as 'upscale casual' where I was perfectly happy to wear shorts and a nice t-shirt (wife t-shirt and jeans) but it would be equally well suited to a formal party. The cost was NOT extortionate (2 entrees, 2 deserts, 1 appetizer $45).

Previously, my daughter had gone here for a pre-prom dinner and had found it satisfactory.

• Visited June 2013
Christiansburg, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best place for a nice dinner (or lunch, or drink!)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have lived in the Blacksburg area for over three years now. Since we moved here from DC we were interested in how the restaurant scene would compare. 622 is one of the few "nice" restaurants- with a great wine bar, and we have always been satisfied with our meal. They have everything from pizzas (a great meal or appetizer), Duck, and even some amazing desserts. Their wine and beer menus are amazing, and they are even connected (and own?) what I would call a dive bar (Frank's) next door- which has one of the best beer menus in town and holds various Tap Takeovers by famous breweries such as Dogfish Head. I highly recommend this as a date night, visit from the parents, or girls/guys night out.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Bequie
Lexington, Virginia
“Rude Staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I called the restaurant around 1:37 and asked if we came by 2pm if we could be seated in the dinning area. By the way it was Radford's Graduation…the gentlemen on the phone stated YES. When we arrived at 1:50pm I was advised that the dinning room was closing and we would have to sit in the bar…so having a graduation dinner with our daughter and grandchildren in a bar was not something I wanted our family to have as a memory. My advice is don’t trust the staff…they evidently don't know how to tell the truth…. and the dinning room is truly not open until 2pm. The young lady that spoke with us was very rude and almost hateful…. by the way I did let her know I would be writing a bad review. If you can't trust what they say…. then how can you trust that you will receive good service, a nice meal, and correct pricing? I will encourage my friends who visit the area to pass and instead go to Christiansburg to Blackstone Grill where the service, presentation, and food are all excellent.
I would recommend a course in custome service. Mrs. Adkins

Visited May 2013
1 Thank donnaa346
Sam C, General Manager at 622 North, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
It is our policy at 622 North that over 50% of a party must be present before they are seated at a table. The gentlemen you talked to on the phone informed you that if your party was present before 2:00pm you would be seated in the dining room. It was 1:56pm ET, by our clock, when two of your seven guests arrived to "hold a table" until the other five guests arrived at an unknown time after 2:00pm ET. The gentleman or "liar" on the phone did nothing but let you know that if your party was here before 2:00pm ET you could be seated in the restaurant. Your party was not here before 2:00pm ET. The assistant manager you refer to as "rude" and almost "hateful" assured me she took the barrage of insults and profanity with a smile on her face. I have never experienced anything but professionalism and excellent customer service from this manager. I find it impossible to believe she was "rude' or "hateful". I apologize that our hours of service did not align with your daughters time of graduation. I respectfully refute the integrity of this review.