“Nice subs”

Sub Station II
Ranked #32 of 128 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Their subs are nice and have lots of deli meat options, but the salad options are limited (compared to Subway) and I sure wish they had the option to toast their sandwiches, like Subway does. I think that's why Substation is still second to Subway on my view.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

After years of being away from Blacksburg - one thing hasn't changed, and that's the great food and service at Sub Station II. Don't expect all-new recipes or one-of-a-kind subs, just expect great subs that are consistently wonderful.

The place is very Blacksburg with Hokies memorabilia on the walls and they always have a great special and the menu is a good value in general. Go here and skip the chains if you are in the mood for subs!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We ate here on a Friday evening in June. Not much going on in town, but this place seemed boring. All 3 of us had the special which was good as we were able to choose our toppings, Subway style. Good, but will probably not return next year when we are in town. We did like the VA Tech athletes photos on the walls.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Not sure how to rate a submarine sandwich shop but here goes. Pretty decent subs which met my expectations and very similar to say a Subway. I had the tuna foot long and I ate the whole thing so I guess it passes muster. Quick service and cheap prices.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

This is the best sub shop in Blacksburg by far! It has been around for many years and it isn't anything special - just the best sub!