“The best fries ever”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Christiansburg, Virginia
“The best fries ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

If you are in the Blacksburg area, you have to try Green's. I am not a sushi person, but my boys are and they say it is excellent. I go for the burgers and fries. The fries are tempera dipped and have a crispy outer coating that is so good you just have to have another. They also have a fish and chips appetizer that I sometimes get for a meal with a side salad. The burgers are always yummie. The Green's burger with avocado is superb. It is in a college town, so the atmosphere is very casual and when the students are around it can get loud. I love the charm of a college town and the young energy, so it adds to the enjoyment of lunch or dinner.

Visited July 2012

Blacksburg, Virginia
“Reviews brought high expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I was looking for somewhere different to take my sister for lunch on her birthday. In Blacksburg, there are a lot of restaurants, but most cater to the college crowd. That usually means burgers, pizza, and cheap beer. I looked at the reviews for Greens Grill and Sushi bar, and decided to try it. I had walked by many times but never stopped, because it is small and the ambiance is coffee shop. However,In several websites, the reviewers raved about the food so I decided it deserved a visit. Their menu has a limited choice of nigiri sushi, lots of sushi rolls, burgers, subs, salads, and one turkish entree, and one indian entree. They offer wine and beer with lots of beer choices and a limited wine list.
The tables are crowded together, but on the day we went, there were only a few patrons, so we had some elbow room. We ordered a bottle of the house pinot grigio for the 3 of us, and were frankly disappointed. The wine was weak, and a little sour. Next time, we will order one of the more expensive bottles.
We decided on Sushi, and ordered 4 nigiri, and 2 rolls. I like eel, and the server told us that they didn't have eel and were substituting tilapia. They only offered 4 choices for the non-vegetarian nigiri, and to be out of one was poor planning.
The sushi was very good. It was as good as any I have had in Blacksburg. I can't say it is better than the Saki House, but it was definitely less expensive and just as good. Of course, Saki House has a great deal more choice.
I will eat there again when I feel like having sushi in a very casual setting.
I can't give this place a 4 or 5 star rating because the service was slow, and they didn't have a very important menu item. There were a lot of vegetarian sushi choices for those who don't want to eat raw fish. I would bet that they are good also.

• Visited July 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Eh, Better Food Elsewhere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Service has always been slow when I have been there. The food is OK, but overpriced for what you get.

Visited August 2011
Laurel, Maryland
“College Orientation Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

Hubby ordered a salad which he enjoyed. I ordered sushi which was both feast for my eyes as well as my taste buds. All of the ingredients were fresh and delicious. And the prices were quite reasonable too.

Visited July 2012
Ontario, Canada
“Can't beat it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Awesome place, healthy food and great prices. You can't beat the offerings and owner George also make things personal for you.

• Visited April 2012