“Good Gyros”

Cellar Restaurant & 6-Pak Store
Ranked #3 of 128 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Cellar Restaurant and 6-Pak Beer Store is located in downtown Blacksburg Virginia directly across from Va Tech campus. We have been serving Greek and American food since 1963. Our signature dishes include homemade Meat Lasagne, Greek spaghetti, Moussaka, Tiropita, Spanakopita with tzatziki sauce, Pasta Aegean with shrimp, Spinach salad and Greek Salads, Mushroom and Shrimp Raviolis, 6144 different Calzone combinations and The Best Pizza south of Chicago. We also have an expanded Beer shop with over 300 different beers from all over the world.
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stopped during the street festival and the place was packed. The food was good, service was excellent. The only complaint was that their beer was warm. The waitress offered to bring my husband ice for his beer.... not ideal.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I recently wrote a review praising the location for their excellent food and service from our first visit, right after my husband and I moved to the area. However, our last 3 visits have featured terrible service from servers. The food was great every time, however in order to get the food, we have had to patiently wait 20-25 minutes each time to be acknowledged by the staff!

They have been busy when we went, but watching other tables who sat down after us get their food before we placed our order is frustrating to say the least. Also, every server will make eye contact with you but then completely ignore you! One server removed a high chair from our table and did not say a word when it was obvious we didn't even have a menu yet!

Again, I will say that the food was still great and when we got fed up of waiting and moved to the bar on our last visit, everything went much smoother. But I don't think we can count on good service ever again and won't be coming back.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Food is very tasty. Service is good but can be a little slow when crowded. We eat there every time we visit. Good value.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I was staying at the Main Street Inn and walked down the road to The Cellar. It was very crowded so I couldn't sit outside. I sat the bar, instead and ordered a Greek Veggie Sub and a Harp. Perfect! I could see making this a permanent hangout. The only weird thing was the barstool was kinda low. Maybe it could've been adjusted, but no biggie. Great place, great service, good food. What else could you want?

PS I see on the list that Backstreet's is listed. This was next to the Main Street Inn and is no longer there. It is being repalced by the Mellow Mushroom. FYI

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I recently moved to Blacksburg and so far this is the best local restaurant we have found. Their food is mostly sandwiches, which are really good. They do have salads and meals, too, but we always flip to the sandwich part of the menu right away. The drinks are cheap, and the service is almost always great! The staff is generally really friendly!

Love it. Will be back here many many more times.