“Best Donuts I've Ever Had”
Review of Carol Lee Donuts

Carol Lee Donuts
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Blacksburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Carol Lee Donuts is a retail take-out doughnut shop. Coffee,cappuccino,milk,and tea are available inside. Soda, water and juice are in a vending machine outside.
Charleston, South Carolina
“Best Donuts I've Ever Had”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Carol Lee makes the best donuts I've ever had anywhere. Iced donuts are something like 55 cents each, and berliners are like 65 cents. The bavarian cream filled and maple iced donuts are amazing. I always look at my friends sideways when they say they've never been here after living in Blacksburg for years.

• Visited June 2012

Blacksburg, Virginia
“Addictive types beware...”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

This place is one of the reasons I enjoy living in Blacksburg so much. Their blueberry cake doughnuts are outstanding. Everything is adequately priced. Best part is, if you get there early in the morning, they'll occasionally have a few grab bags for a buck each that have four of five doughnuts from the day before. I try to judge the weight of the bag by looking at its contours because obviously I don't want to be "that guy" picking up each bag to see which one weighs the most. I'm usually pleasantly surprised with my gamble. One of the gems in the grab bags is often a hybrid doughnut that is a mix of their blueberry and chocolate devil's food doughnuts. I wish they sold this one as an official doughnut because it deserves as much.

Visited June 2012
San Antonio, Texas
“I'm Craving a Carol Lee Donut as I Write This Review!”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Carol Lee makes some awesome tasting donuts. They have the classic glaze donut that is 10 times better than a Krispy Kreme. A Carol Lee glazed donut is plumper, softer, sweet, yet you can still enjoy the flavor of the dough. My second favorite donut is the cake donut. It is moist and soft inside, but a tad crispy on the outside. For the adventurous there are blueberry donuts, chocolate donuts, donuts with colorful Hokie colored sprinkles and on and on.

Every time we are town, we stop for breakfast donuts or bring home a dozen for a snack later in the evening. The staff is always courteous and helpful in answering questions or making a suggestion of what can satisfy your craving.

The prices are very reasonable- $6.00 for a dozen of fresh made donuts. The shop is small, but they successfully focus their talents and energy on crafting fine donuts. They offer hot coffee and if you choose to stay and eat, there is outdoor seating. Many folks stop for carry-out orders and I rarely see someone resist the urge to dig in when they get back in their car. :-D

Give them a try- you won't be disappointed.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Southton
Gainesville, Florida
“some of the best donuts anywhere”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

So so good. Cake donuts may be the best ever. Makes me think of the donuts in my home town.

• Visited April 2012
Christiansburg, Virginia
“The best donuts ever.”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I wish they were still in downtown Blacksburg! i remember College Avenue smelling like donuts--yummy.

Visited April 2012