“Hamburger a huge disappointment - absolutely do not recommend.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Mike's Grill - CLOSED

Mike's Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Great Burger and Pizza Joint - favorite spot of VT college students and alumni.
Virginia
“Hamburger a huge disappointment - absolutely do not recommend.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Mikes Grill advertises...
100% chuck that is ground fresh daily on site, we offer signature hamburgers that folks talk about throughout the Blacksburg community
Both my traveling companion and I beg to differ.
We went to Mikes expecting to have a great burger and when we received or burger it appeared to be a large processed burger and was only average in taste - a long way from being a fresh quality hamburger.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Always a Great Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have been going to Mike's since I was a baby, and my favorite thing about it is that the menu or feel of the restaurant hasn't changed. It has not gone down hill and continues to provide great food and service in a relaxed atmosphere. Their burgers are my particular favorite, and I always share a large fry with whoever I'm with. I was recently in Blacksburg after years of being gone and was pleased to find that Mike's was as good as ever.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank spatlovesbama
Pittsboro, North Carolina, United States
“Still a favorite 25 years later!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I had the opportunity to go back to my alma mater, Va Tech, recently for a football game. The first restaurant I ate in when I arrived on campus in Fall 1986 was Mike's Grill. The burgers were great and the prices were very reasonable for a college student. And now 26 years later, the prices are still great and the burgers are still a treat. Nothing fancy - just a good quality of meat, a nice portion and good service. Enjoyed the fries as well. Ate dinner for less than $8 including tip.

There's nothing fancy about this place but it's a great spot for spending some time with friends or family. You seat yourself as a table becomes available and you go to the cash register to pay. Service is good.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Carol E
Christiansburg, Virginia
“Mike's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Know the original owner, now ran by the son. The absolute best burgers!! The fries are, also very good.

Gainesville, Florida
“Don't know what the big deal is”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We went to Mike's for a fast lunch lured by the promise of the best burger. Not really. The service was average and the food was too. The best burger I have had in a restaurant is at Zinburger in the southwestern US. It is a Fox concept restaurant. Sure wish they were national. Will not be revisiting Mike's.

• Visited August 2012