“Our second choice turned out to be #1”
Review of Mike's Grill - CLOSED

Mike's Grill
Cuisines: American
Description: Great Burger and Pizza Joint - favorite spot of VT college students and alumni.
northern virginia
“Our second choice turned out to be #1”
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We were down at Tech for Family weekend. We originally were looking to have lunch at Backstreet Pizza because that is what we were in the mood for. The wait at the restaurant was 45 minutes. My daughter got on the phone and called Mikes to inquire about a table. They had one available and said they would hold it for us. When we arrived there was a reserved sign on the table. This is not a place that I would have thought would hold a table but we were very much appreciative. A couple of us ordered their 1/2 pound burgers. Delicious! and the other half split a pizza. My husband said it is the best pizza he has had in the state of Virginia. He has lived in Virginia for 27 years and he is from New York and has had plenty of really good pizza. Service was friendly and quick. We will be back next time we are in Blacksburg.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank NVAtraveler

Blacksburg, Virginia
“Great burgers, good prices”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Mike's delicious half pound burgers are famous for a reason. The prices are good with no frills. Unfortunately not many options for my vegetarian daughter

• Visited June 2011
“Best Burger I have ever found”
Reviewed June 20, 2011

This place serves the best Burgers I have been able to find. I have looked high and low for a better one, but haven't been able to.
Some people don't like the burgers because they do put some kind of spices in them which gives them more flavor. Most people love them though.
They are 1/2 pound burgers!!! You can get Mayo, Lettuce, Tomato, Pickles, Onions, and Bacon (extra charge) on them. They bring you Mustard and Ketchup to the table. You can also get them to bring you a knife so you can cut the burger in half. They have pretty good French Fries and Onion Rings.

They also have Pizza, Calzones, Subs, Grilled Cheese, Salads. Not a big variety on the menu, but enough where you should be able find something to eat if you don't want the burger. I got the Pizza once and it was good. I always get the Cheeseburger because I don't go often enough to try the other things (the burgers are just to good).

You seat yourself and someone will come take your order. They get pretty busy at lunch time so I always try to get there around 11:30am to beat the rush. Five or ten minutes can make a big difference in how fast you get your food. Dinner time is not as busy.

The last time we went, we got 2 cheeseburgers, 1 hamburger and 1 large and 1 small fry and we all drank water and it was $21.00 (with tax - tax is like 11% in Blacksburg).

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank BurgerGus
Blacksburg, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food at affordable prices”
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Excellent Burgers and Pizza at the heart of Blacksburg downtown at very reasonable price. You seat yourself, and pay yourself, but the food is served. Food was excellent and small and informal settings. Very courteous and warm service.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank RaghuKS
Hampton, VA
“Hokie spot”
Reviewed April 30, 2011

My husband and I are both hokies and brought our kids to the Spring football game. We went here for lunch before the game when we got in town. It was packed with fans and ex-hokie football players (some in NFL now). The service was still good even though busy. The atmosphere was just so fun and brought back so many memories for us. Plus, the burgers are the best anywhere!

• Visited April 2011