“Great atmosphere and service”
Review of Cabo Fish Taco

Cabo Fish Taco
Ranked #2 of 128 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Cabo serves authentic Baja Mexican Cuisine in a relaxed and casual setting. Using only the freshest ingredients, Cabo specializes in unique tacos, wraps, and burritos, as well as a diverse selection of salads and featured entrees. Come by and try a taste of Baja and sip on one of our fresh made margaritas.
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My husband and I wanted to go there and try the food - it was very good! He had the tuna tacos (not my thing) and I had the beer-battered shrimp tacos - they were great! I also got the guacamole appetizer - it was a bit salty. But the service was excellent, restaurant and rest rooms were clean - and it was reasonable priced.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Innovative but unpretentious and reasonably priced Mexican food. I had the BBQ mahi tacos. The sauce was mildly smokey and complemented the fish and white cilantro sauce and "Mexican cole slaw" (I wonder what makes it Mexican?) really well. My son had the Tavarua Tuna tacos. The honey-wasabi sauce was applied in the right quantity; tangy, but not nose-stinging. Both of our dishes included slightly crispy (perfect!) tortillas that held generous amounts of the fish. The salsa served with the free tortilla chips is a nice change of pace. It's a dry salsa; the tomatoes, onions and corn had been marinated then drained, so the chips will remain crisp and nothing drips in your lap.

We came for a late lunch, around 2:00. The ingredients were still at a high quality, as if it they were fresh for the 12:00 crowd. Our cost was $28.45, including food tax. We did not order drinks.

We can't wait to come back and try other items.

1  Thank CapnCohen
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Tacos and entrees with less common combinations than you would find at your typical Tex-Mex restaurant. Fish tacos were on special the night we visited and they were excellent. There are other interesting choices such as a calamari taco. Prices reasonable. Lovely outdoor deck.

1  Thank Tonka363
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Love this place - I enjoy the atmosphere and repeatedly have the best fish taco of my life! The BBQ Mahi taco is where it's at. Queso is pretty tasty with a smokey flavor. The chips and salsa are a nice addition to start any meal.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

They have a surprisingly varied lunch menu, including excellent salads. The service is pretty good -- friendly, but not very quick -- and the atmosphere, as others have noted, is what you'd expect in a college town. A good place if you want to talk a little business over your meal.