WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Very pleasant lunch and good food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of cabo fish taco

cabo fish taco
Ranked #2 of 124 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cabo serves authentic Baja Mexican Cuisine in a relaxed and casual setting. Using only the freshest ingredients, Cabo specializes in unique tacos, wraps, and burritos, as well as a diverse selection of salads and featured entrees. Come by and try a taste of Baja and sip on one of our fresh made margaritas.
Virginia
“Very pleasant lunch and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

We enjoyed our meal this past weekened at Cabo Fish Taco. We sat outside and it was a nice treat. Three fish tacos at our table and all three were said to be excellent. I had a steak wrap and it too was very. Waiter was friendly and the patio so pleasant. A nice change to some of the other places we have had lunch at when visiting. Inside was very dark, don't know if it would be the same experiece though the food would be the same. Its well priced so for its price category it gets a 4 star rating. We usually head to Outback because it is reliable and the three other downtown resturaunts we have tried in Blacksburg itself weren't great. Glad we mixed it up this time.

• Visited September 2013

Floyd, Virginia
“Excellent Tacos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Every taco I've had at Cabo Fish Taco has been excellent.

But I do have one complaint: The corn salsa that they bring out with the chips is a total waste. It's not a big enough deal to drop a star but it is a bit annoying. Why not bring out real salsa with the chips? Does anyone actually like that corn salsa? It's terrible! And I've noticed (by looking around at other tables) that most people don't seem to eat it.

Also it's a bit dark inside.

My favorite tacos so far: Buffalo Shrimp & Soy Ginger.

• Visited August 2013
Cazenovia, New York
“good experience in the burg”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Last time i was here (1985!) this place was a honky tonk bar located in an old church...well now it is a nice southwest eatery with a nice bar and ample seating inside/upstairs with an outside seating area...the beer selection is good with some local craft beers available (on tap). We had a few kinds of tacos, - BBQ mahi, buffalo shrimp and steak - all were very good and the prices were reasonable. Service was prompt and very friendly and we were there on a busy night. i miss the old bar but this place is definitely worth checking out.

• Visited August 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

The atmosphere here is more casual and the servers have proven to be friendly. The food is $9-$12 if you're not getting the most fancy items on the menu. I've eaten here twice now - once with my husband and once with my parents and husband. They start you off with chips and a corn salsa-like dip. Between my husband, my parents, and I, we can say the BBQ Mahi Tacos and Lemon Grilled Shrimp Tacos are AMAZING, the Guacomole Salmon Salad is good but not as good as the tacos, and the Rosarita Fajitas are great, too! We also tried the guacomole, which was delicious.

Their drinks range in price depending on what you want. I got a mojito for $6 (which was light on the rum) and my husband got a Yuengling for $3.25.

Because I like to have an idea of prices before I go to a restaurant, I'll say that when my husband and I went alone, we spent about $30 + tip. When we went with my parents, we spent about $50 + tip. It's pricier for the Blacksburg area, but well worth it. If you don't eat at Cabo Fish Taco on your trip to Blacksburg, you're missing out!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Excellent service and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Dining by myself, I chose to sit at the bar. A little weary as sometimes that can be difficult since the bar was busy getting drinks for the dining area, but service was excellent. Just enough service to ensure my drink and food were good, and I had all I needed. Chicken feta pasta, a special, was excellent, as well as the regional beer on tap. Would stop again if in Blacksburg area.

Visited July 2013