“Where's the beef?”

Cabo Fish Taco
Ranked #2 of 127 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Cabo serves authentic Baja Mexican Cuisine in a relaxed and casual setting. Using only the freshest ingredients, Cabo specializes in unique tacos, wraps, and burritos, as well as a diverse selection of salads and featured entrees. Come by and try a taste of Baja and sip on one of our fresh made margaritas.
Staunton, Virginia
“Where's the beef?”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Fish tacos lacked, well, fish. There were only a few chunks of rather tasteless cod fish on each taco. On the other hand, the guacamole app was very good.

Visited April 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Fish Tacos. Unique food flavor and margarita options.”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We visited Cabo Fish Taco while in Blacksburg, VA, having discovered it on the TV show 'Diners, Drive-In's and Dives' (different location shown on the show). We ordered the White Fish and Mahi Mahi Tacos, as well as the veggie fajitas. Everything tasted fantastic! The chips and salsa were great as well. We also ordered the Purple Haze and Workmans Margaritas. The Purple Haze margarita is one of the best margarita's we've ever had! The Workmans was decent. I did find the lighting in Cabo Fish Taco to be extremely dark. There were no windows in the section you first walk into, where several tables and the bar are located. I didn't notice an entire separate section that had windows and better lighting until the end of my meal. However, this is minor. Cabo Fish Taco was great and we can't wait to go back next time we're in Blacksburg.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Jontae1
Blountville, Tennessee
“Holy guacamole!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I love this place. There is something for everyone. My 2 dining partners love fish so they indulged. I am not a fish fan yet was so happy with my dining experience! Good guacamole? No….awesome guacamole! I had them leave off the cilantro and it was perfect for me. The malty cheese dip is amazing as well. On our table was the Cabo Roll, soy ginger shrimp tacos and chicken quesadilla. Very little chatter as we ate as the food was so wonderful. Everything was fresh-tastic!

• Visited April 2013
Bristow, Virginia
“Pretty good, not great”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

While visiting family in Blacksburg last weekend, we decided to grab a late dinner (8pm) at Cabo Fish Taco. We've eaten here several times in the past and it was the closest place to our hotel (Main Street Inn).

We asked for a table of 4 and she mentioned it might be a 30 minute wait. When I looked at my party to see if we should go somewhere else the hostess changed it to 20 minutes. With no waiting area, we grabbed a seat at the bar. It took closer to 30 minutes and I had to go back and ask where our wait was at after noticing people coming in after us being seated.

When we were sat the waitress was good, along with the meals. I had soy sesame shrimp tacos and my wife got the bbq mahi tacos. Veggie of the day "spicy corn" was good when mixed in the tacos.

• Visited March 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
“Pleasant Visit”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Recommended by our hotel, a stand out restaurant in downtown Blacksburg. Clean, friendly (our waitress Blair was delightful), food was exceptional. Discovered that their Charlotte location had been visited by Guy Fierre recently for his Diners show. Dynamite experience!

• Visited March 2013

Been to Cabo Fish Taco? Share your experiences!