“Holy guacamole!”

Cabo Fish Taco
Ranked #2 of 135 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Cabo serves authentic Baja Mexican Cuisine in a relaxed and casual setting. Using only the freshest ingredients, Cabo specializes in unique tacos, wraps, and burritos, as well as a diverse selection of salads and featured entrees. Come by and try a taste of Baja and sip on one of our fresh made margaritas.
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I love this place. There is something for everyone. My 2 dining partners love fish so they indulged. I am not a fish fan yet was so happy with my dining experience! Good guacamole? No….awesome guacamole! I had them leave off the cilantro and it was perfect for me. The malty cheese dip is amazing as well. On our table was the Cabo Roll, soy ginger shrimp tacos and chicken quesadilla. Very little chatter as we ate as the food was so wonderful. Everything was fresh-tastic!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

While visiting family in Blacksburg last weekend, we decided to grab a late dinner (8pm) at Cabo Fish Taco. We've eaten here several times in the past and it was the closest place to our hotel (Main Street Inn).

We asked for a table of 4 and she mentioned it might be a 30 minute wait. When I looked at my party to see if we should go somewhere else the hostess changed it to 20 minutes. With no waiting area, we grabbed a seat at the bar. It took closer to 30 minutes and I had to go back and ask where our wait was at after noticing people coming in after us being seated.

When we were sat the waitress was good, along with the meals. I had soy sesame shrimp tacos and my wife got the bbq mahi tacos. Veggie of the day "spicy corn" was good when mixed in the tacos.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Recommended by our hotel, a stand out restaurant in downtown Blacksburg. Clean, friendly (our waitress Blair was delightful), food was exceptional. Discovered that their Charlotte location had been visited by Guy Fierre recently for his Diners show. Dynamite experience!

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had to make a trip to Blacksburg to buy my cap & gown. We had our 3mo. Baby with us. We decided to eat here afterwards. We had to wait 45 minutes on Friday night at 6:30--not a big deal. When we finally got in, they gave us a high top...not caring that we requested a booth for the baby. The chairs were tall and unstable so we requested a baby high chair. It was just as wobbly as the chairs! Our food came out & it was decent. We were both still hungry afterwards. There is no changing table in the bathroom so I ha to take our daughter to the car and change her. Overall, it was not worth the meal. We could have gone somewhere else like Moes, got a full belly & accommodations for a baby. While I understand we were in a college town, a restaurant should be considerate to everyone.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We enjoyed the food and atmosphere, but had to wait on a Saturday night for about 30 min. Get recommendations from your wait staff. Right near campus, but a good mix of students, alum, and other visitors.