“Great Local Joint”

Cabo Fish Taco
Ranked #2 of 128 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Cabo serves authentic Baja Mexican Cuisine in a relaxed and casual setting. Using only the freshest ingredients, Cabo specializes in unique tacos, wraps, and burritos, as well as a diverse selection of salads and featured entrees. Come by and try a taste of Baja and sip on one of our fresh made margaritas.
Reviewed October 26, 2011

As a constant business traveler, I always look for the local place to eat and Cabo was highly recommended....I went on a Wednesday night and the crowd was few but the atmosphere very good...Great place to go and wind down...I had the Battered Fish Tacos which were fantastic...The fish had great taste and cooked just right without the standard greasiness of fried fish...Sauce and cole slaw on top was epic as well...The only "average" thing I experienced was the corn chips and "salsa" that came w it...The salsa was too heavy on the corn and not much taste....But with that said, I highly recommend this place...I plan to go back..

Reviewed October 14, 2011

We followed the advice implied in the name of the restaurant and had fish tacos. One of us had the tuna, the other the mahi-mahi. Both were excellent. The service was quick and pleasant. We were on the road and appreciated the speed. The room and the crowd had good ambiance. A real find for us.

Reviewed October 4, 2011

We were in town for a Virginia Tech football game that evening and decided to go indoors for our pre-game meal. Great gameday atmosphere as the place is loaded with TV's and VT fans.

My wife had a caesar salad with grilled tuna and a margi. I had their signature fried white fish tacos and a cold beer. The food is fresh and well prepared. The service was especially good as our server routinely stopped every time she passed to see how we're doing. Needless to say, she's a VT student.

BTW, the pre-meal salsa is corn based and goes quite well with the fresh chips.

Keep in mind that this is a big college town.

Reviewed September 10, 2011

This is one of my favorite hometown lunch places, because I love the fish and shrimp tacos, and the rest of the menu is very tasty. I hear there's a bar scene in the evening (not my thing), and I find the counter-height chairs and tables on the inside to be very uncomfortable, but there is nice patio seating during the summer. Blacksburg is an unusual college town in being really deficient on good restaurants, and to me this is one of the highlights.

Reviewed May 7, 2011

Visiting our son in Blacksburg, this is by far our favorite spot. Friendly, high energy but not too noisy. And the tacos are exceptional, the best I have ever had. Ever. They flash fry the homemade shells, not greasy at all. Several seFood and fish choices. Top notch ingredients, shredded cabbage gives them crunch. Salads have great flavor. Seriously good choice for a meal.