I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Blacksburg for a week due to construction at my house. I've passed this hotel many times and have never been inside. Check in was quick and easy, and they honored my request of wanting to be on the top floor. My room was very clean, the duvets had just been washed (as they do every time a new guest checks in). This is a nice feature because most hotels leave the same bedspread or duvet on for weeks or months before even thinking about washing them. The bathroom was a bit small, but sufficient for my needs. The amenities included free WiFi (which could be spotty at times), a small indoor pool, hot tub, and a great fitness center with everything I needed. Staff was incredibly accommodating and assisted with any need or request. The rooms were fitted with Keurig machines instead of nasty coffee makers. If you have a Keurig at home, pack a few of your favorite coffee or teas (even though they provide a few K-cups). My room had a fridge, microwave, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, and a thermostat that actually worked. The top floor had some remodeling going on (I was warned of this upon check in and my request to be on the top floor), but I heard no noise and was not bothered at all. The hotel lobby has a bar, restaurant, and "help-yourself" coffee, teas, and hot water. Parking was plentiful and the location to Route 460 and Virginia Tech is very close. The Blacksburg Transit ("B.T.") bus system has a stop a few yards away from the front door, so you really can just catch a bus and end up anywhere you need to go if you don't want to drive. The most impressive thing about this hotel is that they are honest. I left behind a pair of very expensive running shoes, and when I realized my mistake, this hotel had them bagged up and ready for me to pick up at my leisure. Overall, if I ever need another hotel in Blacksburg, I will stay at the Hilton again - I was very pleased.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy all the comforts of home while on the road at the Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg. Complete with refrigerator, microwave, high-speed internet and HDTV, your spacious guest room contains all the essentials for an overnight visit or week-long stay. Adjacent to the VA Tech campus, this hotel is a convenient stop for parents and potential students alike. Forget something at home? The 24-hour Pavilion Pantry has basic health and beauty essentials as well as microwavable meals, snacks and drinks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg Hotel Blacksburg
- Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg Virginia