Ok...so maybe it was an off week or something -- but we just returned from a Blacksburg college visit weekend and had hoped for the same great experience we had had had at the HGI in the past. Unfortunately, that was not the case. Young women at the front desk seemed to be annoyed to be there and were less than friendly. We had requested a specific type of room on our reservation and was told it was not available and then the front desk staff said, "hope that's ok." I replied, that no, actually it was not ok, but at 10pm there were limited options. She had nothing further to say and quickly finished our transaction and we were on our way to the room. We soon noticed that our breakfast pass had not been included so I returned to the front desk and asked for it. Yet another less than happy staff person said, "well do you want it or do you want trip points?" I replied that our family preferred to eat in the morning, thanks anyway. Again, annoyed with the work to look up our room and fill out our form I was begrudgingly given the pass. Once in the room most everything was ok except for the temperature control....too hot, and it kept cutting off throughout the night. Just as it would cool off, it would turn off and not cut back on again until it was quite stuffy and unpleasant, resulting in a very non-restful night. Breakfast in the morning was very good, hot and a refreshing reprieve from the night before and the waitstaff were quite good and very polite. Given other options I will not go out of my way to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy all the comforts of home while on the road at the Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg. Complete with refrigerator, microwave, high-speed internet and HDTV, your spacious guest room contains all the essentials for an overnight visit or week-long stay. Adjacent to the VA Tech campus, this hotel is a convenient stop for parents and potential students alike. Forget something at home? The 24-hour Pavilion Pantry has basic health and beauty essentials as well as microwavable meals, snacks and drinks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Cancelon and Priceline so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg Hotel Blacksburg
- Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg Virginia