“Hands Down -- The Perfect Property”

Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Blacksburg
Out West
“Hands Down -- The Perfect Property”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

I cannot say strongly enough how wonderful this property is. The staff is great, friendly, helpful. The property immaculate. Absolutely nothing to gripe about.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Korean first
lancaster pa
Reviewed June 4, 2011

What a great place to stay! The people are nice the room is spotless and most importantly the bed is amazing. I wanted to pack it up and take it with me! I travel a lot and this has got to be the best sleep I have gotten in years!!

• Stayed June 2011
State Employee
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I stayed a total of four nights during an off-cycle time in the college school year. The hotel was in great shape and had excellent amenities and attentive service. The only problem was the noise level, and it was a significant detractor. I could hear every step of the person above me, as if it were amplified by the ceiling. Since the person above me was late to bed and early to rise, it made for a trying few days. On the last night, several groups of college students (golf teams) tromped in to my floor and the floor above me around 11 p.m. and carried on noisily for an extended period of time getting settled. Everything about the hotel was clean and in great shape, including the workout room. It's a shame the management/owners didn't apply the same level of attention to its design. I would recommend staying here, but only on the top floor and, even then, it's probably worth inquiring whether there are any anticipated sporting events at Tech before you book.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank klbell37
Hayward, California
Reviewed May 4, 2011

My daughter and niece both go to VTech and I came here with my wife to visit them from CA. My Alma Mater is VT so I know the area very well and still have some favorite restaurants that I visit. Although, I have never stayed at this Hilton, I enjoyed my stay; no complaints from the wife either !

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
NJ
Reviewed April 25, 2011

The Hilton Garden was very comfortable. The fact that they had queen sized beds, rather than double beds is one of the reasons why I chose this hotel. Also, the fact that it was close to Virginia Tech was important.

While we were there, it seemed they were a bit short staffed, but we were well cared for by Stuart who seemed to be a jack-of-all-trades: waiter, bartender, bus boy. Thank you, Stuart!

The only complaint I have is that we requested a roll-away bed, and it never arrived. I only asked once upon check in, and I didn't follow up, so I don't totally blame the front desk for the fact that it wasn't delivered. All in all, it was a comfortable stay. It's likely we will return since our son has decided to attend VT.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed March 15, 2011

This is the second time I've stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn. This hotel and staff get 5 stars! Customer service is second to none. The staff arranged dinner for our group of swimmers, opened the breakfast buffet early so the swimmers could eat before they had to be at the pool. Great location, immaculately clean. Would stay there again without question

• Stayed March 2011
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed March 14, 2011

On a long weekend away for a swim meet for our children. Hectic schedule at the pool was made a bit easier by the extremely accommodating staff at the hotel. They prepared hot breakfast early so the swimmers could have something nutritious prior to heading to the pool and despite being swarmed at 6 am each morning they continued to smile at each sleepy swimmer giving their order. They were just as friendly at 10 at night as we made our way back to the hotel for a late night meal.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family