“Love this restaurant!”

Cafe de Bangkok
Ranked #102 of 127 Restaurants in Blacksburg
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Cafe de Bangkok serves modern Thai cuisine and specialty drinks in downtown Blacksburg, Virginia.
radford
“Love this restaurant!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We love to eat here! The service is wonderful and the food is great. I like to get the red curry, mild. They even let me get bamboo shoots instead of the tomato. I love the Tom Kha soup with chicken. Give it a try!!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank terrishan

Washington dc
“Trendy setting and great curry!!!”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

I go to cafe de Bangkok almost every time I visit BlAcksburg just because of their green curry. I would say it is the best curry I have ever had. The setting and style are very modern for Thai cuisine. All food there You can ask for spicy level which i think it s great.

Last time The food took a while to come out but the lady who helped us was very nice and attentive. I think it s good for especially for college town.

• Visited August 2014
Blacksburg, VA
“I've tried them three times and won't be back”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The food just wasn't very good. Particularly, on my last visit I got pad thai and the shrimp smelled fishy and were a bit mushy. They simply shouldn't have been served.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank JanexLamar
Christiansburg, Virginia
“Popular and friendly Thai restaurant”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We've eaten here several times by ourselves and with other couples. The food is always very tasty, the service friendly and efficient, and the prices reasonable.

I don't know anything about Thai food! Presumably their menu is authentic, it's certainly exotic enough to be the real thing.

The basic dishes are noodle or rice served with chicken, pork or seafoods. My only complaint, and this is more an observation than anything negative, is that the menu could be a little more helpful to us foreigners who don't know how to order Thai food. I'm never sure sure if I'm ordering a main dish or part of a larger meal - and the people eating with me express the same sentiments.

BUR, we always enjoy the food. The servers offer you 5 degrees of spiceness (I always wonder how they manage this back in the kitchen!).

Our tab for 2 came to $39.65 including 2 craft beers and an appetizer.

Highly recommend.

• Visited March 2014
Knoxville
“Competent college-town Thai”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Dinners seemed like basic protein or vegetables with various Thai/Indian sauces ladled on.Tasty dinners but not much beyond competent. Nice restaurant, tastefully appropriate art, clean & comfortable; service (by Meredith) was excellent.

• Visited February 2014