“Great vegetarian choices”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 7, 2011

We were visiting Blacksburg, and the India Garden was recommended by a local resident. We had a delicious dinner, and enjoyed the live soft jazz trio. The service was excellent, cheerful and efficient. Most restaurants have a full-meat menu with one or two vegetarian choices. This menu included a wide range of vegetarian options. The chili paneer seemed a little odd for an Indian meal, almost more like a sweet-and-sour dish. Palak paneer, a standard, was quite good. The eggplant curry was very good, perhaps because you could hardly taste the eggplant. We thought the prices were reasonable and the quantity quite ample; we needed a take-home box. Easy parking on their lot.

Reviewed December 28, 2010

I love Indian food. I thought the food was good, the portions were good and the prices were OK. We had the sampler appetizer which was excellent, and two chicken dishes with naan.

Reviewed March 9, 2010

India Garden has a pretty reasonable buffet and price for the lunch buffet but at night the prices become exorbitant!

Many of my Indian friends would recommend traveling to Roanoke for Indian food but for those who don't know better (like me) I thought the food (butter chicken) was delicious. Though the price was crazy. For 2 people to have dinner it cost well over $60 for an app, two entrees, two teas and some garlic naan.

At $15 per entree I would think you should have more than just the meat and rice, perhaps some vegetables or salad? But the main dish came in a dish that is used in most restaurants for side dishes (think O'Charley's or Outback...the white oval dishes) and a plate of rice to share between the two of us. I also asked for some raita (which in many restaurants I have been in is treated as a condiment) and it cost an additional 2 dollars.

I think they should consider their prices or someone should open competition...

I would only recommend for lunch or if you are interested in spending a pretty penny on a meal

Reviewed December 13, 2009

Lunch buffet is ok, nothing spectacular but certainly passable with a good selection. It would probably help to have some competition in the area as the prices are higher than they should be for this region.

Reviewed October 15, 2009

I visited the India Garden restaurant with a Pakistani friend and had quite an excellent meal. The Mango Lhasi was great, as were all the interesting items in the buffet line. I wish that I would have gone back for seconds, but I am dieting and so avoided it! However, friendly staff, clean and definitely worth a visit, at least at lunchtime!