“Good food”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Richmond
“Good food”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Visited this place on a visit to this college town. The meal that day was mainly a buffet. Plenty of food and choices. The price was a little steep, but not a problem. While I wouldn't be here regularly, once in awhile is pretty good.

• Visited April 2014

Bluefield
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

First time at this restaurant. The bathroom was closed. How can you have a restaurant and no open bathroom? Service was poor! Had to summon waitress each time, she only come to table in summoned to greet and leave check. Ordered nan and she did not add to order so it was delayed to mid meal. Food was good, not great. Priced very high! Lamb biryani I ordered had very little lamb. Sauces for tandoori meals of others were good. Prices were high for tandoori.

I left thinking for 6-8 bucks less per person we could have experienced better food, better portions, and actually had a warm environment where they wanted customers rather than being treated like an inconvenience.

Blacksburg, Virginia
“Better than my hometown Indian buffet!”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

I'm from Greeneboro, NC, a town that has about 700 more restaurants than Blacksburg. I've now eaten here twice. I find the selection wider on the buffet, and the food more flavorful than the highly-rated Saffron Indian restaurant in Greensboro. I do love Saffron, and eat there regularly, but India Garden is just better.

I was part of a large group that made a reservation for the Sunday buffet, nearly thirty people. We were concerned that they would have difficulty keeping the buffet stocked for us, but we never noticed a problem.

I will continue to come to the buffet here every chance I get!

Knoxville
“Indian in Blacksburg”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Indian Garden was neat, clean, more bright than cozy; college-town tikka, tandoori, samosas, all competent & some hint of Indian flavors but not distinctive. Started with a few pieces of traditional papadam, but server forgot to bring more when asked although otherwise satisfactory. The atmosphere was enriched by two men playing classical/medieval guitar men in one corner.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank centaur41
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Fairly Middling”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I am not an avid Indian food connoisseur, but I have eaten at probably 6 or 8 different Indian restaurants, and found India Garden to be rather mediocre. The curry chicken and tikka chicken were somewhat watery as was the Raita sauce. The bigger problem, I thought, was the delay in their keeping the buffet stocked. At one point, people were just sort of loitering around the buffet waiting for Naan bread and the chicken to be replenished. I felt like, after leaving a tip, an $11 bill for the meal was a tad high for what I actually got, BUT, it's kind of the only game in town for Indian food and I was in the mood.

Visited February 2014