“Better than my hometown Indian buffet!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Better than my hometown Indian buffet!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

I'm from Greeneboro, NC, a town that has about 700 more restaurants than Blacksburg. I've now eaten here twice. I find the selection wider on the buffet, and the food more flavorful than the highly-rated Saffron Indian restaurant in Greensboro. I do love Saffron, and eat there regularly, but India Garden is just better.

I was part of a large group that made a reservation for the Sunday buffet, nearly thirty people. We were concerned that they would have difficulty keeping the buffet stocked for us, but we never noticed a problem.

I will continue to come to the buffet here every chance I get!

Knoxville
“Indian in Blacksburg”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Indian Garden was neat, clean, more bright than cozy; college-town tikka, tandoori, samosas, all competent & some hint of Indian flavors but not distinctive. Started with a few pieces of traditional papadam, but server forgot to bring more when asked although otherwise satisfactory. The atmosphere was enriched by two men playing classical/medieval guitar men in one corner.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank centaur41
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Fairly Middling”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I am not an avid Indian food connoisseur, but I have eaten at probably 6 or 8 different Indian restaurants, and found India Garden to be rather mediocre. The curry chicken and tikka chicken were somewhat watery as was the Raita sauce. The bigger problem, I thought, was the delay in their keeping the buffet stocked. At one point, people were just sort of loitering around the buffet waiting for Naan bread and the chicken to be replenished. I felt like, after leaving a tip, an $11 bill for the meal was a tad high for what I actually got, BUT, it's kind of the only game in town for Indian food and I was in the mood.

Visited February 2014
Blue Ridge Mountains, Virginia
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I go to India Garden quite a bit for lunch and dinner. They have a lunch buffet that is very good and well priced. Dinner prices are a little high, but the food and service is excellent. Big portions too.

Visited December 2013
Cedar Bluff
“Enjoyable lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This was my first visit to the lunch buffet.It was a late lunch so the food was not at it's peak, but was still plentiful and I was pleased with the variety and flavors. The service was not particularly welcoming or friendly but my water was refilled promptly. The dining room is nicely furnished and I would definitely return.

• Visited December 2013