“Great Indian food!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Came in here randomly and was more than pleasantly surprised. Plentiful portions; felt bad leaving the left overs. Had the chicken tiki Marsala and chicken curry. Both were very good. Service wasn't always prompt, but the atmosphere was still nice. Will definitely be back if we pass through town again!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I love Indian food. I make it at home, and my husband and I look for good Indian restaurants wherever we travel. We were unhappy that the Indian restaurant in our town wasn't very good. A few weeks ago we tried it again, and the food was very much improved. I didn't write a review because I wasn't sure if this was the norm, or just a good day for the chef. My sister and I went there last night and were very happy with both the food and the service. The only negative was the appetizer platter. It did not taste fresh, and the fried items were over fried.
Now, with that said, lets get to all the positives. We ordered two entrees, the lamb methi masala, and the vegetable korma. We also ordered naan, one plain, and one garlic. We ordered both entrees medium hot. The bread was delicious. It was hot and soft, with a light crunch on the outside. The lamb was done perfectly, with lots of spicy gravy. I loved the subtle fenugreek flavor. Medium hot was just right for us, we like to feel the heat, but not have it set our mouths on fire. The korma was also, good. It tasted so rich that we felt decadent eating it. With the appetizer and the two entrees, we couldn't eat it all. We had to ask for boxes, so we can enjoy it for lunch today.
The service was impeccable. We like to sip our wine, order our starter, then think about the entree. At some of the local restaurants, the servers hurry you, or forget to come back at all. At the India Garden the servers were there when needed, gracious, never pushy, and made us feel that we were welcome for as long as we wanted to stay.
I would recommend that all of you who have not tried India Garden in a while, to go and give it another shot. I think you will be pleased.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We love the buffet at lunchtime and make a trip to B-burg to attend a number of times per year. It's a little on the dull side from a spicy aspect, but good none-the less...and definitely a good value.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We were visiting family, and craving Indian, so google here we come. Well we found this "hidden gem" just outside of downtown and across the street from VT. It is hidden in a small shopping center just outside of the "round-a-bout". The food was excellent. Service was par, and the price was acceptable. We will be returning here when we visit Blacksburg.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

If you love Indian food, you will truly appreciate India Garden. Dishes are fresh, can be spicy or mild according to your order, and there is a wonderful variety of vegetarian, lamb, or chicken dishes.